Monday, May 22, 2017


We had to get up at the butt crack of dawn this morning so that we could be on time for our plane.  I am not a fan of super early flights, but what are you going to do?  That's when the plane left.

We made it in due time to the airport and got checked in with little problem, except that the Newark TSA is freaking slow.  I blame it on the fact that we were traveling so early, but still...slow.  Not much of interest happened after that, and our flight out was much nicer than our flight in. I spent time returning emails and looking out of the window. You know...normal airplane stuff.

We landed in Atlanta and realized that we had lost our parking pass (totally my fault) and so it took us forever to get out of the parking garage.  Apparently they have to run a background check on you and decode your DNA if you lose your parking pass.  I don't know, I just know we were in there a long time and we had to pay a penalty. :(

Since we'd landed fairly early on in the day, and accidentally took a wrong turn somewhere, we ended up going through Duluth, so we stopped at a store called Super H Mart.  We'd been there once before a few years ago when we were visiting family, so we knew it existed already.  This is a big grocery store that caters to the Asian population of Atlanta, and so of course I had to go in an buy a bunch of stuff I wanted to try.  I don't know what some of it is, but I was feeling adventurous!  I do know at least one thing has cuttlefish flakes in it (which I didn't realize until I had already purchased it) but I'm willing to try it at least! I also got some really great shampoo.  At least I think it's shampoo. It smells nice and I've used it to wash my hair, so we're just going to call it shampoo and not look into it any further. We ate lunch there at the hot food place and I had some superior don katsu.  I can almost work chopsticks, too, so I managed to eat most of it with those, although from time to time I had to use a spoon.  Heehee.  Steve had sushi, and I still can't understand why. Yick.

Once we got back on the road I fell asleep.  I hate doing that, because I like to be awake to keep Steve company, but he said he likes to think his thoughts when we drives long distances, so it turned out ok.  I finally woke up when we weren't that far from home, and in due time we made it back! 

We're taking tomorrow off from church because we are both so tired from traveling, so we'll have a day of not doing anything in particular to rest up.  I'm looking forward to it!  I'm sad the trip is over, but I had a really great time.  It was a wonderful adventure.

No comments: