Wednesday, March 07, 2018

MORE RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I have done something that I was JUST making fun a while back.  I signed up for a virtual race.

In case you aren't familiar, a virtual race is where you download an app, pay a fee, and then sign up to participate in one of a dozen or so "races" that are a certain distance long.  Your mobile fitness device will keep tabs on you while you walk, run, or whatever it is you're doing, and add the miles together until you meet or surpass the equivalent of the race distance.  It's pretty straightforward.  The only thing that really bothers me is that it feels like cheating a bit.  In a real race, you've got to haul your cookies for 13 or 26 or however many miles all at once, getting pelted with hail or running when it's hot.  This program really just adds in all of your normal walking, running, or working out and stitches them together, so it's not like you're doing it all together, and you can do this "race" over however long you want to. So it feels like cheating, but I suppose that's ok if it motivates you to keep moving, which is the point. I'm kind of glad we aren't doing this one all at once, because it's some kind of viking challenge and it's 65.3 miles long!  This particular one is the equivalent of starting somewhere in Sweden (there's no name on the map) to just past Hell (in Norway) to reach the fjords.  At least I think so, because the map is confusing.  Oh, and we get a medal at the end, so I guess that's ok too. We paid for it with our entry fee, after all! 

It's actually Steve's fault that I did this.  Well, sort of.  He signed up, and not to be outdone, I signed up as well.  He's really doing great with all of this fitness stuff right now.  He's lost over half of the weight that they told him to (and we aren't even halfway through the program) and he looks great and feels better, and he's basically a poster boy for this whole mess.  He's very gung ho about it all, and I wish to hell I felt the same way.  I basically do this stuff with him because I know the only way I'll do is if I'm not doing it alone. Plus, I'm trying to get motivated in any way I can. So I'm going to eat my words and sign up for these virtual races and get clever medals that I someone will have to get rid of one day after I'm dead!  Maybe we'll get good at it and one day do a real, outside and in person race!  Who knows?  I mean, I'm running a fake race through Norway, so anything is possible at this point!

2) I didn't watch the Oscars last night, but I did see some Red Carpet footage.  Eh, that's the best part anyway, seeing people in fancy clothes.  Anyways, I noticed that Gal Gadot, the woman who is currently playing Wonder Woman (my hero) in the movies these days was wearing a dress very similar to the one I wore to my senior prom!  She was totally copying me, you know.  I mean, I know she's a statuesque, ex-military, former beauty queen bad ass who is playing my favorite comic book hero of all time, but still...I think I wore it better!  ; )

     
L-R: Brian, Wonder Woman and some actress. 

Ok, well, it's not exactly the same. Shut up! Wonder Woman is totally copying my look.  At least that is what I'm going to tell everyone who'll listen!  Haha! 

3) Last night I had to talk to the behaviorist again. I feel like I have more appointments with him than anyone else, although I might be paranoid! We got done with our session and he said "Next week we'll be talking about raising your self esteem, but I'm not sure if you need any help with that..."  Oh bless.  I'm so good at faking it that I convinced a trained professional.  Well, like they say, fake it till you like yourself! Heehee.


No comments: