Monday, November 06, 2006

Are ya ready kids? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....WEEKEND UPDATE!

Sorry about that, I have a new guilty pleasure. I love the Spongebob Squarepants cartoon! Anyways...

I had a lovely weekend, thanks for asking! It wasn't terribly event filled and I did sleep a lot, but come on, that's what weekends are for, right?

Friday was a "Stay at Home" night for Steve and I. We went and got dinner and came home to watch he TV shows that we missed thursday night. My Name is Earl, The Office and Smallville were fabulous as usual, of course. We also got to watch Battlestar Galactica when it came on, instead of just recording it. I can't believe I'm so caught up with this show, but it's really, very arresting. I stayed up a litte later than normal playing a game on the computer, but then slept. Very Exciting.

Saturday I was awoken by a ringing telephone. Since it ripped me out of a very sound sleep, I was in Crazy Town when I answered. The caller ID said it was my mom, so I was immediately afraid that something had happened, but luckily it wasn't anything like that. My friend Sara was going to be on the local news in a short interview about her transplant and my mom wanted me to make sure I saw it. I don't remember much of what I said, but I do remember asking her what day it was. She told me later that I sounded kind of crazy, but then again, when you wake someone up and they aren't altogether lucid when they answer the phone, you'll have that. I got Steve to turn on the TV and we were just in time to see her spot on the news. She looked great and seemed to be doing really well! I was so glad to see her! After that went off, I was officially awake. Steve still wanted to sleep, so I got up and started my day. I folded some laundry, made some cinnamon rolls and watched "Saw II". I was expecting that to be a little more scary than it turned out to be, but it WAS a movie that made me squirm. The needle pit was the worst part! The girl was thrown into a big pit fill of dirty hypodermic needles that she had to dig through with her bare hands. I almost couldn't watch. It was a pretty good movie, though, all things considered. : ) At 2:00, I went to our church carnival and painted fingernails in the face painting room. It was fun, but it made me feel horribly uncool. That sounds pretty strange, but there is nothing like little kids to help remind you how out of touch with things you are. I brought my box full of all the rainbow fingernail polishes I have. When I was a teenager, so very long ago, that kind of thing was cool and I suppose I just never grew out of it. Not one little girl wanted anything other than pink or red nails! In fact, the brush in my hot pink polish actually fell apart fom use! Oy, vey...I'm old. Anyways, it was fun. :) I had to run to Wal-Mart afterwards to get some stuff for a christmas gift I'm making, and when I got home, I crashed. I don't know how long I slept, but what was supposed to be a power nap raged out of control. I finally did get up and worked on some of my homework. I now have a new reason why I love being an art student! For my most current project, I needed pictures of a box of chocolates as well as a Whitman's Sampler box. So I ended up buying a load of chocolates (for homework, of course) which Steve and I have enjoyed all weekend! WOO! We had made plans with Josh that night to have dinner and see the musical "Hairspray"! It was so good, although I'm thinking that Josh has an unnatural attraction to that movie that I can't really understand. I truly enjoyed it and it was really funny! I could totally play that chubby girl part, but alas, I cannot dance. So I have the chubby and the singing part down, but I move like a spaztic iguana. Nice. So that is how we finished the day, going to a musical. Even Steve enjoyed it! A miracle!

Sunday was our regular day. Church in the morning and my family's house for lunch. We were celebrating my dad's birthday that day, so we had presents and pie. It was a nice day. When we got home, Steve and I slept again. He got up in time to go to church, and I stayed home to work on my homework. I still have a lot to do, but at least I got the gnarly part finished. When Steve got home, we watched "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" and it was surprisingly good. There have been times I would have liked to have super powers to get back at an ex-boyfriend. Who wouldn't like to throw an angry great white shark into someone's bedroom? : )

Today I have to do a presentation for my history class on the Boscoreale Treasure and I don't feel completely ready. It's weird, I'm nervous and there is only about 20 other people in class with me. I'm afraid that my teacher will know how severely uneducated about the subject that I am, but it's not totally my fault! That subject hasn't been researched by too many people since about 1923, and even though I can find infomation on it, everything seems to cover the same ground. My teacher has done archeology work in Pompeii, for the love of Cleatus, so it's not like she doesn't know everything about it already. Heck, she's probably held the stuff in her hand for all I know! Ugh, keep your fingers crossed for me!

That is all.

No comments: