Monday, November 20, 2006

WEEKEND UPDATE!

This weekend was busy. Busy, busy, busy...but you wouldn't know it by the state of my house. This was another one of those weekends that I have all of these plans, yet I get few things done. It wasn't lazyness this time though, it was my underestimation of the time it would take me to do certain things! : )

Friday after work, Steve came to pick me up and we went to get my turkey from the Employee Association guys. As always, every year the SpRocket gives all of their employees a free turkey for thanksgiving. I realized I already had a turkey in the freezer and wouldn't have the need, nor the space, for another one. So I donated it to the needy. Nothing like a little benevolence to start off the weekend. I got a warm fuzzy. Once we got home, I picked up some crocheting that I needed to finish. I was making a baby blanket for a friend of mine and needed to have it done by this weekend. I had a LOT left to go, so I put on my headphones and began. About 5 to 6 hours of straight crochet, and my hands swelled up like water balloons. It was weird. I literally had to soak my hands in ice water to make the swelling go down. I still wasn't finished with the blanket, but I put it aside to work on the next day. For some reason, after that I couldn't sleep. I didn't end up getting sleepy until about 4:30 Saturday morning, which sucked, because I had too much to do to sleep all day. I wound up sleeping until about 10:30, so most of my morning was gone.

Saturday Steve and I were doing laundry and gathering clothes to give to Goodwill. It's not until times like this that I realize that I have a lot of clothes that I hang on to for no good reason. I suppose it's because I think...OH! I'll wear this again! Not so much. So I will be seriously thinning the wardrobe this time. We also went out and got our oil changed (woo-hoo! Party Time!) and I had to go to Wal-Mart for some supplies. Steve had planned on hanging out with Anthony and Watching the 'Arn Bowl' so I got the blanket and made myself finish it. My hands hurt so bad that it took about 20 minutes for them to get limber enough to move correctly. It took 3 hours, but I finally finished the gift. I was very proud, too, because it's the first real, useful and not just decorative, afghan that I've ever made. It's sort of in the shape of Montana, due to the accidental addition of a couple of extra stitches, but otherwise I'm very pleased with it. : ) While I was working on it, I was once again wearing my headphones and listening to an audio novel, when I heard screaming outside. It scared me at first, but then I realized that the ballgame must have ended and Auburn must have won. The people across the street are die-hard Tiger fans, and they had this HUGE flag thing planted in the front yard. I'm going to guess it was them hollering in the front yard. I had completely forgotten about the game being on. I've lost my taste for watching football, even though I used to love watching the Alabama/Auburn game with my dad. I'm sure he was upset at the outcome, because he has always been a Bama fan, so don't tell him I said this: War Eagle! If anyone in my family sees that, I'll have to find someone to adopt me because I'll be disowned, so SHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sunday was a good day. Church in the morning, of course. Steve has the worst habit of making me laugh during service, though. Everything was fine except that some medicine I had taken was making me sleepy and I kept fading out of the sermon. I sort of half noticed that Steve had his leg crossed and was moving it when all of a sudden SNAP!!!! I thought that he had accidentally ripped the hymnal holder off of the back of the pew! What had happed was that the cuff of his pants had caught on one of the little pencils that they keep there and he wasn't able to stop moving his leg before it broke. The two elderly ladies jumped about a foot in the air. So, of course, I got tickled. Amazingly enough I was able to keep from shaking too much, but I kept thinking about those little old ladies jump, and that would make it worse. That made Steve start laughing and the people behind us start laughing. I was able to regain my composure by the time we had the invitation, so it wasn't too bad. However, we got a good laugh out of it on the way to the car. My parents weren't going to be at home during lunch, so Steve and I went to lunch with his dad. Then we did some errands and went home. I had so much to do for this week that I spent Sunday evening trying to get everything done before I went to bed. Alas, I didn't get it all done, but there's still tonight! I may get things finished. I'm not holding my breath though.

No comments: