Tuesday, September 08, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Spot the cat is back and she brought a friend. I've named him Gary, after Spongebob's pet snail. Honestly, I think they must belong to someone in our neighborhood, but I wish I knew who so that I could take them back. We heard a little girl calling for her cat yesterday, so I think Spot's name is really "Callie" and she lives with one of the speed-bump kids down the street. No wonder she likes hanging out at our house. Anyways, I ended up buying a few cans of cat food, just in case, because feeding Spot my tuna fish was getting expensive (and leaving me sans tuna). She seems to like the cat food better than the fish, believe it or not, because NOW she's always around. She is getting on Steve's nerves. She managed to get into the house yesterday and he had to chase her down and get her out. If she wasn't so sweet, I'd probably ignore her, but she just meows and rubs all over us. I'm going to have to stop feeding her every time she comes over, because I don't want her thinking that I am her owner. I just have the niggling fear that she's hungry because she really doesn't have a home! Dangit, I'm just too soft hearted and the cat knows it! She knows!

2) The Sprocket currently has a company digitally mapping the place. I've heard different things about them, but I'm under the impression that they are mapping our building for Homeland Security in case of terrorist attack or something similar. The people have to map every room, where the furniture is in that room, and all of the exits. Maybe we are some kind of guinea-pig in this process, I don't know. At any rate, the mappers wonder about all day with lap-tops strapped to them while they build the digital blue prints. I've tried to be friendly, but to date, only one guy I've spoken to has really been that pleasant back to me. There was even one guy who walked into my office and sat down for 10 minutes without saying a word to me. The only reason I even knew he was there was that I saw someone out of the corner of my eye and turned around to see him sitting at my drafting table! Creepy, much? Jeez. I've heard from security that they aren't just building digital blue-prints, but more of a walk-through of the building itself (which makes me think of first person shooter games like "Doom") so that evacuation routs can be planned and no nook or cranny will be overlooked. One part of this process is a guy who takes photos of pretty much every square inch of the place so that they will be able to have those 360 views of each room and whatnot. For some reason I always end up walking through where that guy is taking pictures, so unless they photo-shop me out, I'm going to be in quite a few of them. I don't go out of my way to photo-jack the building or anything, but I'll turn a corner and walk right through a shot. I'm sure that guy is quite tired of me by now. Homeland security will probably make a game out of it. It'll be like "Where's Waldo" but with me!

3) I was very domestic this past weekend! I made pickled grapes and strawberries (which sound gross but are actually very delicious) and baked blueberry muffins from scratch! I also did dishes, laundry, and bought groceries! It was a very Martha weekend. :)

4) I have a nectarine the size of Steve's head as a snack today. Seriously, it's almost vulgar in size. I'm fairly certain if I had some insect friends, we could crawl inside it "James and the Giant Peach" style.

No comments: