Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Park Hopping Adventure

This morning it took us a while to wake up. We were so tired last night that I seriously don't remember falling asleep. I don't even think I dreamed. That must mean I was really tired because I ALWAYS dream. Anyways, when I got out of bed, I remembered that my feet hurt. I was also forcibly reminded about the blisters on my feet because they were swollen up horribly. I had to plaster my feet with band aids. It was a three band aid day.

That hat might just fit Steve!

Today we went to Disney Hollywood Studios, formerly Disney MGM Studios. We got there right as it opened, and we decided to get on the Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster first thing to avoid the lines. It had a line, but surprisingly, it moved really quickly. We got on the coaster and Oh. My. Gosh. It moved fast. It was completely dark except for black light sensitive signs all over the place and it looped and turned like crazy, all with the soundtrack of Aerosmith music playing loudly. By the time I got off, I knew what it must be like in Keith Richard's bloodstream. Bizarre. I wanted to do the American Idol (basically Karaoke) Experience, but we didn't really have the time. Steve had a PLAN. We stopped for lunch at a place called Hollywood and Vine, which was good, but (horrors) there were characters in there! Characters from some cartoon called "Little Einstein" and they all had giant heads. I was horrified. I think someone told them that they were creeping me out, because they all came to our table and "interacted" with me. It was all I could do to keep from screaming and running out there door. They were unnatural. *shudder*

Absolutely terrifying.

I'll be honest here, after lunch, I don't remember much of what we did at this park. I mean, we did a lot, but it wasn't anything really spectacular. We rode stuff and it was hot. That is what stood out in my head the most, the heat. Oh, well, that and something was wrong with the cuff of my shorts that made them keep curling up, so I got a nice blister on my inner thigh to match the ones on my feet. Yesterday was the sore feet, today it was the sore thigh. Fun stuff.

We didn't stay at Hollywood Studios all day because Steve wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom and do a few things so that we could make sure we had enough time to do everything when we go back tomorrow. He specifically wanted to do the Adventure Land rides. He also wanted me to be able to ride the Monorail, so we got on a bus that took us back to Epcot Center, which is the only other park that the monorail goes to besides the Magic Kingdom. We were both hot and thirsty by the time we got there, so once we got into Epcot, we took a detour to the Cool Spot, where a Coke exhibit is housed and you can sample different kinds of sodas from different countries for free. FREE DRINKS! WOO! (Does this make us cheap or smart?) Anyways, so we drank all we wanted and jumped on the monorail that took us to the Magic Kingdom.

I was so hot, tired, and sore from all the blisters that I wasn't happy to be there, so I was probably a bit whiny at this point, but trust me, I didn't say half of what was going on in my head! It didn't seem like there were many people in the lines, and in fact we didn't have to wait in line at all. It must've been the time we were there, I guess. We pretty much got on all of the rides that Steve wanted to do and after that I was so very ready to leave. Very, very ready. My feet were killing me, my thigh was killing me, and I was tired. I told Steve I didn't care how we got back to our resort, but I wanted to leave right then! That probably makes me sound bad, and if you feel like being smug and thinking you would never act that way if you were in my shoes, fine. Go ahead. You'd be a liar, though, because by this point, Gandhi himself would be having a tantrum. Not that I had a tantrum, exactly, I am a grown woman after all. However, if we hadn't left when we did, I might have thrown something. I'm just saying...

We ended the day by going back and getting some rest (which did a world of wonder for my attitude) and we went to Down Town Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. I'm not sure what it was, but something I ate made me very, very sick. I thought I was going to pass out at one point, but I managed to get back on the ferry to make it back to our resort. Trust me, the rocking of a boat didn't do me any favors. I was a little better when we got back, but I still feel queasy. Don't let me deter you from ever eating at Wolfgang Puck's place, because the food was delicious, but it just wasn't good for my stomach. Blarg.

Tomorrow: Magic Kingdom!

No comments: