Friday, March 25, 2011

10 THINGS I KINDA LOVE
-A Subsidiary of Random Acts of Blogging

I only thought it was fair to include a list of things I love. I didn't want you guys thinking I was a complete sourpuss or anything! :) I have a feeling that most of this stuff won't be a surprise to many of you, though, but I wanted symmetry. As with the last list, I reserve the right to change my mind about these things at any time. Also, I'm going to write about THINGS I love rather than people I love, because I don't want to make my feelings about those people cheap by trying to explain them.

But I digress...

1) Books! I have an enormous amount of books, and I keep getting more. Seriously, I think my stash is a bit out of control because I don't really have room for them all. I have loved to read since about the 3rd grade. I think I may have, with a few exceptions, most of the books I've collected since then. I'm trying to get Steve to line my office walls with shelves, which still probably won't hold them all, but at least I can get some of them off of the floor! :) Although I have a lot of books, there are only a few that I've read over and over. They are kind of like my friends. Books really are like friends, you know. It's great to have a lot of them, but usually there's only a few that you'd ever want to take on vacation or go to bed with.

2) Playing online Scrabble! Well, I guess the rightful name for the game is "Words With Friends" but it's just Scrabble with a slightly different look. Let's not mention the fact that I am a terrible speller. I think Spell Check has destroyed years of learning to write. I have 3 games going at a time these days, and I rarely win. I play against Sara (A.K.A. Scary Spice) her man Ron, and they both embarrass me on a regular basis. The other person is a guy I knew in high school who actually doesn't like me much, but he likes having an someone to play against. If any of you play and need an opponent, look me up by my e-mail address. It may take us a couple of weeks to finish a game, but it's still fun!

3) Cooking! I love to cook. I think I mentioned that before, but I've learned to enjoy it more since I've been doing the house-wifey thing and have a bit more time to devote to it. That's not to say that I always want to cook, but I enjoy cooking a great deal. I wish I knew how to make one awesome thing that everyone always wanted me to make for pot-lucks and what-not, but I haven't quite found my niche yet. I made a couple of awesome Gooey Butter Cakes, but I got cocky about them and have never managed to make another good one since about 2006. Ever since I ate at Paula Deen's restaurant and had her version of Gooey Butter Cake, I've been too scared to even try. That stuff was like...I don't know...butter filled awesomeness.

4) Chocolate! OK, that is common knowledge, I know. A lot of people would be surprised to know that I don't really even eat chocolate that much anymore. I also don't eat it indiscriminately, although I like to try new kinds when I come across them. Although it has become gauche in some circles, Godiva is still my very favorite. I like my chocolate to have stuff in it, and the more unusual the center is, the more fun it is to try. That doesn't mean I like every filled chocolate I come across (I'm looking at you, Vosges), but I prefer them to just plain chocolate.

5) Traveling! I love to go to new places. I mean, the actual act of traveling isn't always fun, but I like to go to places I've never been before. I think it stems from the fact that my family didn't travel much when I was growing up. It was difficult to find places that could accommodate my brother, so we didn't go very far from home, even when we did travel. I wasn't emotionally scarred by the lack of traveling, but I think it's why I like to go to new places now that I have more freedom to do so! I hope that I can visit foreign countries one of these days, but the USA still has a lot of places I want to see. Yay, traveling!

6) Wearing costumes! I don't know why I like wearing costumes so much, but I do. I think it's fun to pretend to be something other than what you have to be every day. I don't get to dress up that often, but I have fun when I do. In fact, I've been working on a costume that I can't wait to wear! It was for a specific event, which, unfortunately was postponed (for good and unselfish reasons) but I plan on still wearing it another time! So far, it's turning out better than I thought it would. My only problem is that it's HOT. I mean it, I tried on part of it the other day while in an air conditioned house, and I got hot. Also, I still have to tweak some stuff to complete it. I don't care, I'm having fun. I can't wait till I've finished it!

7) Talking animals! Well, not so much the cartoon or Disney kind of talking animals, but much more like the video I posted a few days ago. It tickles me to imagine what animals are thinking. We do that with our dogs all of the time and it gets silly.

8) This picture:
It is a perfect example of Happy Dog Face.

9) Singing in my car! I love to sing anywhere, but singing in the car is so much fun. I also seat dance and play the steering wheel drums. I probably look like an idiot, but I don't care! It's a joy.

10) French Fries! I love them unashamedly. Don't judge me.

There are a lot more things I love, but this will do for a start! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: