Friday, January 06, 2012

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) To finish out my story of new year's travels, Monday we left Helen and drove home.  Nothing really exciting happened along the way.  Sorry I didn't dedicate an entire entry for that, but it just felt a tiny bit anticlimactic!  Anyways, I hope you had fun ringing in the new year, even if that meant you went to bed at 10:00 and slept through the whole thing.  We all celebrate in our own ways!  :)

2) Tourist season has begun at our gym, as it does every January.  Things are very crowded there right now, but I suspect a lot of people will stop coming around the end of the month.  I used to think it was funny, but now I hope most people stick with it.  It's hard to take care of yourself and lost weight and all of that.  It shouldn't be, but it is.  Good luck to all the new guys at my gym...but please don't forget that I was there first and you need to get off of the machines when I'm ready to use them.  Heeheee!

3) Last night I had some crazy dreams.  The thing I remember most clearly is that at some point, I picked up a telephone and dialed a number at random and when someone answered, I began to sing "Free Your Mind" by En Vogue.  I sang the whole dang song, codas and all.  I found out later on that the guy who picked up the phone was so transfixed by my song that he stopped in the middle of a crime of some sort and changed his mind about committing it.  I guess that means I'm the lamest super-hero ever.

4) So the University of Alabama is going to be playing in the BCS Championship game again!  Neato!  I hope they win, of course.  How cool is it that for the past three years a team from this state has gone that far?  Alabama: Home of the rocket scientist, awesome football teams, and American Idol winners.  OK, maybe I'm not so proud of the American Idol part, but still...

5)

Here is a picture of me and my guys in Alpine Helen.  We had such fun!  Of course, I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I will, because that's just how I roll.


No comments: