Monday, August 31, 2015

A Quicky

Good grief.

OK, we all know how much I hate to be interrupted in the middle of a sentence.  If you didn't know before, now you do.  I have thrown ice cream onto Steve's face for doing it, and you know if I'll waste ice cream, I mean serious business.  I also hate being ignored in the middle of a conversation. I don't care if it's through email or face to face, but if I ask a question, I'd like it to be answered, even if it's to tell me to mind my own business.  Again, we all know this (or if you didn't know, now you do.)

I'm not so vain as to think that everything I say or ask might be important, but it's just good manners to at least acknowledge that a person has said something, you know?  I was at work and having, what I thought, was a nice conversation with my boss and a lady who'd dropped by.  We were talking, the subject of the conversation didn't change, but suddenly and without telling me, I apparently had been dismissed from what we were talking about. I tried to say something, and either one or the other of them would literally just talk over me as if I wasn't there.  I tried to interject three times, all three times during a lull in the conversation, and they talked over me, three times. Just to see if I had become completely invisible, I actually said, loud enough for them to hear me, "Well, fu*k it then."  Neither of them even looked my way.  I had, apparently, gone invisible, which was weird, because I wasn't aware anyone outside of the Marvel universe could do that.

I cannot abide that kind of rudeness, and it is most definitely, really damn rude.

I am so irritated.

No comments: