Tuesday, May 25, 2004

WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE...

Star Trek guy called again this morning. He hasn't called in a while, so I thought that he had forgotten about us. No such luck. He is calling and asking for me, because he thinks I'm his NASA contact. I'm glad the girls here are taking messages instead of just forwarding him on. Anyway, he finally called and I answered. He was so glad to hear from me because he had to tell me all about this new planet he discovered in the Alpha quadrant called Sector 031. Apparently they are in trouble because there is global warming, they are getting poisoned by Carbon Monoxide, the rain forests are being depleted, and the California of Sector 031 is going to sink into the ocean because there are too many people on the highways and overpasses. Oh yeah, and their San Andreas fault line is seperating at the rate of 3 inches a year. He says that planet only has about 15 years before it's destroyed. If you are a native Sector 031-ian, BEWARE! He also let me know he's been to the planet Russia, and has found out that he is full blooded Russian (he can also speak Russian and German, too). He told me that he's spoken to the Navy, and they have asked him to complete his mission. Whatever mission that is, I have no idea. Oh yeah, and he WAS Gus Grissom in the Apollo 8 Mission* where they crash landed on Neptune (*nerd note: Grissom died in the Apollo 1 capsule on the launch pad). Apparently he's been reincarnated several times, because when I asked who else he was, he just said "a bunch of folks".

SIGH.

No comments: