Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Wow, we've been busy at work! For the past couple of days, we've been slammed with calls. It's almost like back in December when we were running a promotion!

Last weekend I had a great time. My friend Sara came up from Birmingham and we hung out on Saturday. I've forgotten how nice it is to have a girl to go shopping with. Later that night, Anthony came over and we all had a cook out with Steve's new Uber-Grill. We were all so tired that Sara fell asleep on our chair. I feel bad that I didn't get a chance to clean out the guest room, so I now have a project for this week. I'll try to keep it nice in case anyone else wants to come over and sleep! : )

Sunday was so busy! With church, going to my parent's house, and helping the serving comittee set up the kithen, I was exhausted by the end of the day. Steve had to take Butler to the emergency vet because he was limping really bad and we didn't think the regular vet would be open on memorial day. Well, Steve took him and he was gone so long that I decided to go to bed. I was in a DEEP sleep when the phone rang. It was Steve telling me he forgot his checkbook, so I'd need to bring it out there. I was not awake, and still in my pajamas.I got in the car and drove halfway there before I actually woke up. That was scary! When I got there, Butler was all spread out on the floor asleep because they had given him a shot to help his leg (he's sprained it). Steve had to drag that big lump of dog out the door because he was unconsious. I'd never seen anything like that before. When we got him home, he got on his feet and sort of wobbled to his kennel and crawled as deep into it as he could, still wearing the choke coller. Steve had to get in there and take it off of him so he wouldn't choke to death. Poor Schnuffer! Of course, after that we had tornadoes. I fell asleep during the warning. By that time I was so tired, I wouldn't have cared if I woke up in Oz itself.

I'm supposed to be off of work at noon today, and I'm GLAD!!! Let's hope no one has a crisis that keeps me from leaving!

I think I'm going to bake a cake today! Martha Stewart Beware!

No comments: