Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Anticipation....

Antisi-pay-ay-shun

is making me late

Is keeping me waiting


So okay, does anyone else wish they were in Key West right now? No? Just me? : ) I've only been there once, but I loved it! When I was on my senior class trip, which was a cruise, one of our stops was Key West. I didn't get to see nearly enough of it, so I'm going to definately have to go back someday.

Oooh, yeah. Please say a prayer for Mr. Lee. He's having surgery today and will have quite the recovery to make. I'm not sure when he goes in, but I know he'd appreciate a prayer at any time today.

I read a story that freaked me out. Now, for those of you who know me and my reading taste, you know I read masses of Stephen King and the like. Well, I bought a "Best of Mysteries as chosen by Alfred Hitchcock" book. The book is a compilation of short stories that go from supernatural stuff to actual who-done-its. Well, I started reading one called "Flowers In Her Hair." It was a story about a young woman who goes to visit and get to know some of her mother's family in the Appalachain mountains. She hates it there and wants to leave, but the cousin persuades her to visit an "Aunt" before she goes. The cousin is completely in awe of the aunt because she "Keeps the family records, and has second sight, too." The old lady invites them inside, and the cousin asks her to show the woman all of the "records" which turns out to be a weird genology of birth's and deaths. When the people in the family die, she cross stitches a sampler for them. She also has this beautiful embroidered wreath that is made from the hair of the people who have died. All the time they were together, the old lady kept talking about how beautiful the young woman's red hair was. She kept saying she never knew anyone in the family with red hair. Well, before the woman leaves, the aunt gives her something to drink, and she gets sick. The cousin runs out to get her husband and their truck so that they can carry her to the doctor. Once she gets home, though, she realizes that the aunt will take good care of her, so she decides to wait till morning to go and get her. When she arrives back at the Aunt's house, the old lady is sitting there embroidering on the wreath with the girl's red hair and told her that the woman had died and says "Didn't I tell you I saw death on her?" She tells her that in the middle of the night the girl walked outside and fell into a ravine. The cousin knows that the old lady won't cut the hair of anyone living, so she wonders how an old lady could have climbed down the ravine and cut the girl's hair and climbed back up again, but because she is in such awe of her Aunt, she knows she must have found a way. She never asks any questions and leaves it at that. I don't have any clue why that storie freaked me out so bad, but I have the heebs just thinking about it!

Anyways, more to come later...

No comments: