Thursday, June 17, 2004



This is me awake at 2:19 am. I can NOT sleep. Well, I actually slept for a while, but then I woke up at about 1:10am and am now wide awake. This is crazy. I've read everything I can think of on the internet, and I'm afraid I'll have to resort to playing computer chess again before I can go back to sleep. It's frustrating.

I had my interview for the graphics job today with Sam. The interview seemed to go well even though there wasn't an awful lot to say. When I became the intern, he found out about my work history and what I did and didn't know. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I WANT this job so bad. Just from what he told me about it, it sounds like the perfect job for me. The main responsibility would be actually making the signs that are ordered, creating designs for them (unless they are from a template), some actual graphic design work when needed, and acting as support for the people in the department. I could work around my school schedule, and since it's not a customer service job, I could come in after hours and work without causing any problems or disrupting any schedules. I realize that it may not be in God's will for me to have it and knowing that is a struggle. Sometimes it's hard when you want something SO bad and you think that it's what SHOULD be going on in your life, when really it may be the worst thing to ever happen. At any rate, I hope it is God's will for me to have it, but if not I'll have to understand and deal with interning for the person who does get it. Just say a prayer for me.

Well, I can't think of anything else to write so early this morning, so I'm going to go fire up the iBook for a rousing game of chess. One of these days, I'm going to beat that dang computer! : )

No comments: