Wednesday, June 23, 2004

"Snakes....why did it have to be snakes...."

Sorry, I was having an Indiana Jones moment.

Well, Mr. Lee got through surgery just fine yesterday. They found that he had a mass of some kind that looked kind of ugly, but it wasn't anything to worry about and they snapped up that and what they went in there for and now he's on the mend. He's got his morphine pump, so I'm sure that if he's in any pain, he really doesn't care! : ) Thanks for all the prayers! I'll be doing their yard work for him until he mends, so lets cross our finger that I don't run over anything important or run into his trees like I do at home. : )

I got another splinter! I have no idea where these are coming from, but I've been getting these little black splinters in my left hand over the past week, but I can't remember touching anything that would remotely give me a splinter. Also, I'm almost positive that I didn't have them when I went to bed. Darn splinter elves...

Steve bought me the book "Wicked" last night. It's a retelling about the Wizard of Oz, but from the point of view of the Wicked Witch of the West. It tells her origins and why she's so Wicked. It's pretty good so far, but kind of weird. I like the books by this author, someone Macguire. I read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister which was a retelling of Cinderella from the point of view of one of the sisters. It was really good. I read it all in about 8 hours. I highly recommend it. I'm also excited to read the newest one "Mirror Mirror".

I know it's summer, but I'm excited to start looking for Christmas gifts! I try to have christmas shopping done by October or early November because I hate shopping at christmas time. People are mean and there is no goodwill towards men when you're holding the last Holiday barbie, and some soccermom is knocking you down to take it from your hands. I am the master of bargain shopping, too. My favorite thing to do is find name brand stuff for lesser prices at places like Marshalls and Ross and there are always things on websites that are on sale or special. I like to buy things people wouldn't normally get, so it's like a game for me and then everyone else get's great gifts! Woo-Hoo! I love shopping!

Anywho, I've still not heard about the job. I'm not taking this as a good sign, but until I hear one way or the other I'm not going to be satisfied. PRAY FOR ME!!!!!

Ciao

No comments: