Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I finished the book "Wicked" last night. Even though I knew how it would ultimately end, I still held out hope. It's strange, these books by Gregory Maguire. He tells the fairy tails from a different point of view, and so everything that happens has a different meaning. I mean, yeah, it's not real, but it makes me wonder about the other things we've always heard. Well, you know what they say, history is written by the winners.

I had a spider dream this morning. I dreamed I was helping to make a movie, and we all had to stay in this old house that we were filming in one night. We were all about to go to sleep when I looked up and spiders were crawling in from the windows in waves. I was terrified. They were the size of chipmunks. All I could think of was that if Steve was there, he would be freaking out. Then there was the momma spider, who looked like she was from the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. Of course, in the way dreams have of making you the hero, I found some bug spray and killed the suckers. I woke up feeling like stuff was crawling all over me. Ick.

I have a confession to make. Sunday night Steve and I went to Target to look for a special kind of ice cream he wanted to try. We couldn't find it, but I did find a pint-sized carton of the Purity Nutty Buddy ice cream that I love. After dinner, I took it out of the freezer, intending on only eating a little bit, and thirty or fourty minutes later I looked down and I had eaten the whole thing. I don't know where I could have possibly put a whole pint of ice cream in my body, but it was in there. I'm kind of ashamed at my lack of self control. Please throw spoons at me the next time you see me.

No comments: