Thursday, June 03, 2004

One of the hardest things about my job is to sound like a professional. For those of you who know me well, you know that it's hard for me to be serious for long stretches of time. Today I was reading a message board when my phone rang. I wanted to finish the post I was reading, but I still had to answer the phone. I tapped the release button right as I read something that was so unexpected and vulgar that I almost burst out laughing into the phone. It was all I could do! It's to hard to be an adult sometimes, you know?

Yesterday I left work at 12:00 and got some things done around the house. I was going to use the weedeater (that ended up being broken) so I had to siphon the gas from the big lawnmower into the smaller push mower and brave the wilds of the grass growing in front of our house. I ended up running over a rose bush (oops) and spraying myself liberally with grass and bugs in the process. I wish our weedeater worked, because there is still tall grass close to the walls, but at least our house doesn't look like those cars that sit in the yards of rednecks all hidden by grass with trees coming through them.

Speaking of trees. I went to a park yesterday to take a walk and I noticed that there was an abundance of Mimosa trees in bloom. I love those kinds of trees and Steve said he wanted one, so I found a teeny one growing near the path and pulled it up, roots and all. When I got to the end of the path, I saw a sign that said not to molest or remove any animals or plants, but I already pulled the tree up! It's now at home in it's own little happy pot just waiting to be set into the yard. I'm passionate about bringing plants from other places and putting them somewhere on our property, but I think from now on, I'll get them without breaking a rule.

I also baked a cake, painted my toenails, and washed dishes. I am very industrious when I have the time :).

No comments: