Wednesday, June 30, 2004

You know who I really admire? J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books. Now, I don't know if this is true, but someone once told me that she was a single mother working as a waitress when she decided to write the first book. She started out writing on napkins. Of course now, she's one of the wealthiest people in the world. It's not the wealth that impresses me so much (well, I mean it does a little, let's not be coy) but its the fact that she was able to sit down and create this character that people love so much. I have always wanted to be able to create something that people admire and enjoy. Writing would be great, but I have the attention span of a gopher, so it's hard for me to sit down and do that. I have great ideas, but I never seem to get to far when I start putting them on paper. Anyways, the new Harry Potter book is in the works now, and I'm excited about reading it! Maybe one day someone can say something similar about me! : )

No comments: