Tuesday, July 29, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I finally got my permanent crown this morning and it feels really weird. It isn't that it doesn't fit, but the tooth that was crowned had a filling in it for about 18 years, so it's strange not to fill the little ridges from that. Also, it doesn't feel all huge and awkward like the temporary crown, so I've got to get used to that too. The lady at the dentist office gave me the mold of my mouth that they used to build the crown, and it's mounted on this hinged, pinchy thing. I'm going to scare the hell out of the dogs with that tonight.

2) I think the SpRocket just got buzzed by some kind of military vehicle or something. I was listening to my iPod and messing around with the computer, when my office started to shake. Something sounded like thunder to begin with, but kept getting louder. Then a huge shadow went past the window. It scared me, so I raised the blind on the window and saw a bunch of camp kids looking over the museum. Whatever flew over was both loud and huge. The SpRocket isn't on a flight path with commercial airplanes because of the Saturn V and Space Shot, but we do get military helicopters doing fly-bys occasionally. If that is what it was, it was probably a Chinook or something. It had to be. No little Blackhawk could have made a sound like that. If it wasn't a helicopter, then somebody's got some 'splaining to do.

3) The licensing guy for the SpRocket has asked me to build a model of a proposed building. I build things like that all of the time, but not from engineering schematics. He talked like it was the easiest thing in the world, but I still had to get my boss to print out the basic shape of it so I could put it together. I hope I don't mess anything up. We are going to be showing it to NASA in hopes that they will give us one of the space shuttles once they are decommissioned.
No pressure, right? Heh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did the mold scare the dogs?