Tuesday, July 01, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) You know how I normally decorate the lobby of the IMAX theater when we have new movies? I try to make it look good, but I can't always do a whole lot because I usually do it on my own, still have to do signs and be on demand for my boss. Well, things have been taken out of my hands, but not off of my shoulders. We will be getting the movie "The Dark Knight" later this month, and we have some serious comic book geeks who work here. Apparently, the went to the CEO and asked if we could make the lobby into the Bat Cave, and he LOVED the idea. No, not just hang a few bats and paint the glass of the booth, but actually make a Bat Cave. I don't even know what that looks like! These people have gone above and beyond anything I could have thought of, but they still want me to help, which appreciate. However, they seem to think that I know exactly what they have in mind, and I've never actually "built" anything very large before. The guy who is ringleader in all of this was asking me questions about things we could use, and I was trying to think and he actually said "You don't have any skills, do you?" I said "What?" not because I didn't hear him, but because I couldn't believe he would say something like that. He said "Nothing" and walked off. He was talking earlier about using paper mache and plaster to make this thing, and I was trying to explain that something like that would take way too long and cost way too much. He didn't really like that, I guess. I'm still in on the project, but I'm going to have to do some research. Bat cave, indeed.

2) My stupid tooth still hurts! Is this normal?

3) One of Steve's friends brought him some orange rolls from All Steak yesterday! They were really for him, but he was nice enough to share. :) You hear that, Josh? Mwahahahahhahahaa!

4) GEEK WARNING! The first half of the season finale of Dr. Who was so very, very awesome. BBC America is officially two episodes behind the showings in England I think, but Steve downloads them so we can keep up. We, along with my Teddy Dalek, watched it on Sunday, and it was so good it made me hate that it won't be back until 2010! Since some of you also watch the show, but are following on BBC America, I don't want to tell you what happened, but here are my reactions throughout the episode so far: YAY! Wait, what? Yay, again! Albinos? NO! What? AWESOME! *Rock & Roll Hand Gesture* Huh? *Dumbstruck Silence* Holy crap! Squeeeeeeeeee! YAY and AWWW! What? No...Nooo....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Best. Episode. Ever.

5) I finally deleted my MySpace account! I wasn't using it anymore, so I felt silly keeping it up. I am officially out of any and all social networking sites! So now if anyone wants me, I'll be here, updating when I feel like it. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you got skills.

Tae said...

No, I've got skillz. Totally different, but better.

Anonymous said...

Are you sending me some???