Thursday, July 24, 2008

We went to our first counseling session this morning. I wasn't expecting much from the doctor since it was our first time there, but we were able to tell her at least the gist of what was going on. She seemed nice enough and she told us that there were no guarantees, but that it was at least worth it for us to try and work things out. We each have to go to an individual session, which I don't mind so much. I suppose she needs to pick our brains separately so that she will know which one of us is the crazy one. Twenty bucks says it's me. :)

The place we went had a lot of people inside waiting to see their therapists. One guy looked like a biker, and he had a t-shirt on that said "The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves." I wonder if he's there for anger management issues. There was also a door marked "Triage" which was a little scary. Why would a counseling center need triage?

So, you know, there's that.

I hate all of this. I. Hate. It.

3 comments:

Greg said...

At least you've finally got to this point.

I guess you should just be happy that the therapist didn't have the "the beatings will continue" shirt.

Anonymous said...

Does it help at all to know that at least you are doing something proactive?
Maybe you all will see scary enough things in the waiting room that your problems won't seem so bad in comparison!
I'm still hoping and praying for you guys

Anonymous said...

You are brave to do this. You can tell who are cheering you on by the responses to this blog.

We love you.