Wednesday, May 05, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Oy, I had a terrible nightmare the night before last! Actually, I can't remember most of the dream itself, but I do remember it involved the serial killer from "American Psycho" and he was after me for some reason. Well, maybe it wasn't the dream that was so scary as much as it was the fact that towards the end of it I wound up in one of those half awake "sleep paralysis" situations where I had woken up enough to realize I was still in my room, but still asleep enough to think the bad guy was outside of my room trying to get in. I couldn't move, so I couldn't use the phone to dial 911, and I couldn't move to get out of the window. I couldn't even turn my head to see if he was next to the bed. I was so scared! I finally woke up fully, but I stayed in bed a while to cower. Geez. I didn't even have chocolate before going to bed, so I have no idea where that dream came from.

2) I'm learning to make hard candy and I'm getting good at it! It isn't difficult, so don't get too impressed, but it is time consuming and you have to be careful not to burn the sugar. The first batch I made was tea flavored! Remember that candy I had to order from Japan? Now I can make it myself! HAHA! Take THAT Japan! Having said that, I had to throw the resulting candy away after a day or two because I mistakenly coated it in cornstarch instead of powdered sugar, so it started tasting kind of mealy. Oh well, the second batch was much better, and I'm going to make more so I can put it with my mom's Mother's Day gift. I'm hoping that even at my advanced age, she will still love it because I made it. :)

3) I pulled out my polymer clay yesterday and started sculpting. I forgot how much fun it is, but it's also super messy. I'm hoping to be able to be able to incorporate it into some of the jewelry I'm making. I think I might have a place to sell my Steampunk stuff, but I have to check with my friend to see if they still need items for the shop. Otherwise, I'm going to have to hurry up and open my Etsy shop. Yes, I have one, but I haven't put anything in it yet.

4) Did you see Lost last night?! GAH! Awesome.

5) Still no luck on the job front, but I'm looking! Thinking of going back to school for a class or two for some certifications, though. I still have some research to do on that front.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Clay on candy ... yum!

Tae said...

The clay will only be on the pieces I give to you!