Wednesday, June 16, 2010

EYE EYE, CAP'N!

I woke up this morning and one of my eyes was acting weird. I couldn't open it at first, and when I finally managed to get it open, I couldn't see clearly at all. I thought I might have forgotten to take out my contacts before going to bed and one of them was folded or something, but after I thought about it for a second, I remembered taking them out.

As the day went on, my eye got weirder and weirder. Tears were running out of it like crazy and I would have spells where I simply couldn't see out of my right eye. It was irritating. I finally decided that I would head to the doc-in-the-box and see (heh) what was wrong with me.

It didn't take long for me to get called back, thank goodness, but I sat in the room for nearly two freaking hours waiting on the doctor. She was in there with me for less than three minutes! AHHH! I know she was probably busy with people much worse off than me, but come on...less than three minutes? After waiting two hours, I deserved at least five.

At any rate, she told me that my eye was infected and that I had pink eye. Yay. I have no idea if she meant that my eye was infected AND I had pink eye, or if pink eye is just another name for having an eye infection. Gross. She put me on 2 different antibiotics and now I feel like a walking petri dish. Seriously, I've never had pink eye before, but I know it's contagious, and now I feel like everything I've touched today needs to be boiled. I feel germy, even though I've been as careful as possible about using hand sanitizer and washing my hands. My eye is bruised looking and pretty much swollen shut, so it looks like I have a black eye, too!

The fun never ends.

No comments: