Wednesday, June 30, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) The house; she is clean. Well, relatively clean, anyways! I've been preparing for a visit from Amy, Jon and their kiddos, and I decided I didn't want to subject them to the layer of filth that Steve and I live in on a daily basis. Ok, it isn't so much a layer of filth as it is a layer of dog fur, but still...it's gone now. However, I want to apologize in advance just in case one of the kids gets lost in an avalanche of art supplies in my office. We will be spending our long weekend with the McGees, finding adventures in exotic Huntsvegas! Amy and Jon haven't been here since 2007, when they came to my college graduation, so we're excited! Hopefully it will be a lot of fun for everyone! :)

2) I'd like to thank all of my friends for not making me go and see Eclipse. I just don't think I would be able to endure it. I know, I know. I have no room to judge since I've neither read the books nor seen any of the movies other than the first one, but I'm going to do it anyways. BOO! Also, I've volunteered to read the books so I can make fun with authority! My sister is supposed to lend me her copies. However, I've begun to regret that decision. Life is too short to read bad books. Am I right? No offense to those out there who liked the books, but the little bit I read of the first one made it clear it just wasn't my cuppa.

3) The job search is still not going anywhere. I'm still looking, though. I'm hoping that I'll see a listing and a light will just go on in my head and I'll hear angels go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" but I don't really expect that to happen. I've decided that I must have gotten the most useless degree on the face of the earth, or I just didn't learn anything I can use in this town. I'm an artist in a technical town. Oh, well. There was a job opening down in Montgomery that sounded good, but I don't think I can commute that far! I suppose I should have just become a doctor. Everyone needs one of those, right? You guys would trust me to do surgery on you, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

amy said...

If you become a doctor, go into plastic surgery so you can lift and tuck things on your cousins.

I have to admit, I threw Twilight across the room somewhere in the second chapter. I don't often throw books, but it deserved it.

Looking forward to this weekend!