Friday, June 18, 2010

PARTY DOWN!

I've spent today (Friday) and I'll spend most of tomorrow at my mom's house taking care of my brother while mom and her husband go on an anniversary trip. They were married two years ago on June 20th. That seems to be a popular day to get married! It has been really quiet here most of the day. I mean, Tommy doesn't say much after all, you know. Heehee. We spent most of the day just watching cartoons! :)

Being here is creepy because her neighborhood is really quiet, I'm not familiar with her neighbors, and the property backs up on some woods. When the dog barks, I don't know if she's barking at someone who lives around here, or a bear. Honestly, I hope it's a bear. I think I can handle a bear. I believe I've lost my edge when it comes to living out in the country! I used to not be bothered with all of the quiet and even though I live in the suburbs now, there are still more lights and sounds than there are out here. Thank goodness this house isn't as isolated as the one I grew up in, though! I really would be freaked out right now.

Owing to the quietness, I have been extra goofy online today, so if I've emailed you, written something odd on Twitter, or commented on your Facebook status or photos with some kind of weirdness, I apologize. I'm just trying to stay sane. I'm not quite to the point of cabin fever just yet, but I do what I have to do to keep myself occupied.

My eyes are doing much better, and thank you to everyone who was concerned about me! I appreciate it! My right eye is still swollen a bit, but I don't look like I went a couple of rounds with Muhammad Ali anymore. The drops I've been using make my eyes itch like crazy, though, so I have to be careful not to scratch or rub them. If I do, I have to immediately clean my hands. I am not contagious anymore, but I think I now have a germ phobia and it just makes me feel better if I disinfect myself on a regular basis.

Other than that, things have been a bit lonely. I'm tough, though. :)

No comments: