Friday, June 17, 2011

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH EDITION

June 16, 2011

Today we slept in a bit and then Josh and I got ready to go get mani-pedis.  Yeah, I've never called them that before, but that is what we were going to do!  There is a beauty college a little bit from here, and they were having a special, plus my feet looked awful.  They weren't looking so hot while I was at home, but once I spent the day in the dry climate, I had hobbit feet, so I'm glad we did this.

Believe it or not, the girl didn't tickle me very much at all.  I warned her that I was severely ticklish, so I think she was being careful so that I wouldn't kick her in the face.  :)  She was a newish student, so she was doing everything really slowly, so we ended up staying there far longer than we thought we would.  Josh had a job interview later in the day, so he had to go and run errands while I was still in the chair.  I finally got done, and unfortunately, Josh's interview time was looming quite closely and the traffic snarled up at the worst moment.  We inched down the street, and finally had to cut through some neighborhoods to get back on the interstate!  Josh was driving like a bat out of hell, and I was praying we wouldn't end up smeared on a guard rail!

We got home in just enough time for me to try and print out his paperwork (we'd had printer issues earlier in the day and had to get a new ink cartridge while we were out) while he jumped in the shower and got dressed.  Luckily he made it out in just enough time to get to his interview with a minute or two to spare!  Score!  :)

At that point I was in Jeoff's hands, and he took me to Boulder, which is about 30 to 45 minutes from Denver.  I loved Boulder!  It was so beautiful and had streets lined with independent shops and restaurants!  It also had aggressive non-profit workers who jumped on us first thing, but Jeoff knew how to handle them!  We walked, talked and browsed through interesting shops and had a lot of fun!  Well, I had a lot of fun, so I hope Jeoff wasn't bored out of his mind.  He was nice enough to pretend he was having fun at least!  We had lunch at the Boulder Cafe, and the food was wonderful.  When we got the check, the people had given us a "Happy Discount" on our bill.  We thought that was awesome!  It is probably something they do for everyone, but I choose to believe it was because we were laughing so much!

We walked a bit more, but we were kind of on a deadline, and Jeoff's knee still isn't so great, so we left Boulder, ran a couple of errands, and came home.  Boulder is just lovely.  I'd only read about it in The Stand, so it was totally different than I had pictured it in my head, and I loved it.  To borrow a phrase from Josh, "I could totally live there!"

Once Josh got back from school, we went out to get Pho, which is a noodle soup that you add all kinds of stuff to.  It was delish, of course, even though I had trouble eating it.  I had a spoon, a fork and chopsticks, and I still couldn't get things out of the bowl without getting it all over myself.  We also had bubble tea, like the kind I had tried making a couple of months ago, but it was so much better than my version!  NOM!

We had planned to go play trivia at a local pub, but we ended up being too late to participate, so they took me to a cute little bar called "Double Daughters" for something called a "Teddy Bear Orgy" which is some kind of martini with gummy bears in it.  I broke my no drinking rule since Josh wanted me to have one of those specifically!  It tasted like Hawaiian Punch with vodka in it.  I had two.  Luckily, I didn't embarrass myself or my two dates, and we had a really fun time talking with each other and with one of the club DJs, whose name was Craig.  He was excited to hear I was from Alabama, because his boyfriend was from Alabama, so I had to tell him about Huntsville and where it was in relation to where his boyfriend was from.  Also, he tried to talk me into moving to Denver and told me all about where Steve could get work in IT and where the best places to buy a home and stuff are around here.  They almost have me talked into it I think!  Don't tell Steve!

Once we got home, we sat around and talked for a while, and I remembered why I don't want to drink anymore (not badly, just enough to remind me) and I went to bed.  Good times, noodle salad.  :)

No comments: