Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH EDITION

June 20, 2011

Since Jeoff had to go back to Lamar last night (BOO), today turned into a Josh and Kelly Day Of Fun!

We slept in a bit today since we were up late last night. It was nice to sleep a little longer, but Bella, Josh's adorable, tailless manx cat, meowed me awake at an earlier hour than I thought was appropriate.  That's OK, though, because me and Bella have become good friends.  She likes to play in my suitcase and chew on my shoes and hairbands. 

It wasn't going to be a very intense day, since it's my last full one in Denver. :(  Our first stop of the day was the Celestial Seasonings Tea factory!  I finally got to go!  :)  It was actually fun!  We learned a lot about the company and about how the stuff is made.  I also found out that it is the only Celestial Tea factory in the world, so if you've ever enjoyed a cup of Sleepytime, I've been in the factory where it was made.  We got to see the rooms where the ingredients are stored, and we survived the Mint Room (very Willy Wonka, no?), where the menthol will burn your face off if you are too sensitive to it.  Josh, me, and only about three other people could stand to be in there for longer than a second.  We had to wear hairnets for the whole tour which were tres sexy. 

After browsing in the shop a while, Josh decided we needed Indian food, and drove me up the mountains outside of Boulder to a place called Nederlands.  The drive was absolutely gorgeous!  It wasn't as pretty as Zion National Park, but it is a very close second to some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen!  Also, it SNOWED on us on the way! Snow!  In June!  I loved it!  :)  We stopped at a restaurant called Katmandu, which was a place Josh knew of from when he was in the Order.  I'd never had Indian food before, so I was a little scared, but it was sooooooooo gooooooood.  I liked everything I had, except for this vegetable thing that about burnt my gizzard off from the spices.  We also had proper Chai, which was delicious.  We stuffed ourselves and then drove back down the mountain again. 

We went to the Pearl Street mall, which is where Jeoff and I had gone on Thursday.  Apparently, Josh had never been, so I wanted to take him to the artists co-op to see if there was anything he could find for his new house.  The place is stuffed with gorgeous arts and crafts, but most of it is very expensive.  Josh saw some things he liked, but will probably have to save up a bit for some of the nicer stuff.  After that we walked around, going in and out of different places.  I introduced Josh to Lush, which I've been a long time fan of, and after shopping a bit more, we headed back to Denver.  We did make one more stop, at a place called The Great Indoors.  It's a home decorating, furniture, fixtures and such store.  Now I want to redecorate everything.  :)

We came back to Josh's place and rested for a while before going back out again.  For dinner, we went to Hamburger Mary's, which has drag queens and fantastic burgers.  We didn't see any queens, but the burgers were there in full force.  We had so much fun, but we finally had to go back so that I could pack.  I have so much stuff to take home that trying to get it all in my suitcase will be a chore. Bleh.

No comments: