Saturday, January 03, 2015

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: NEW YEAR AT THE BEACH

January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Again! 

I was right, we didn't make it to midnight, but almost. I think I fell asleep reading at 11:45.  I'm such a party animal!  :)

We were going to be going home today.  It was a really, really short trip, and I am disappointed that we couldn't stay longer, but at least I got out of the house for a little bit.  Sometimes you can't ask for more than that, right? 

I woke up this morning and went out to the beach.  This time I knew what the weather was going to be like, so I had my coat, my hat, and I was wearing my high boots.  Granted, I wouldn't recommend wearing your good boots to the beach normally, but I was already dressed and refused to change my shoes.  Besides, weirdly enough, it was easier to walk on the sand in those boots than it was to walk in my sneakers!  I left Steve to pack up and walked up and down the beach for about an hour and a half! Luckily, no weird thoughts about how easy it would be to drown myself on purpose popped up this time, so I enjoyed myself a lot more, even though it was freaking cold out there!  Again, I picked up shells and walked as far as I dared to, and I totally enjoyed myself in the process.  While getting ready, I accidentally scratched my eye while messing with my contacts, and the wind coming off of the gulf was making that eye water like crazy, so I'm sure there were a lot of people wondering why the sad lady with the funny hat was crying, but it was just the wind, I promise!

Once I got back inside, I got my things together and we checked out of the hotel.  We drove back to The Wharf so that I could buy something that I'd seen the day before and forgotten to get, and then we headed over to the Foley outlet mall to look around.  I'm truly beginning to wonder if outlets are really worth going to.  The prices don't really seem much different than buying the stuff online, and I think some things are even more expensive than buying them in regular stores! We found a couple of things, and then headed to our last stop: World Market.  It's probably a good thing we don't have one of these in Huntsville, because I always kind of go crazy in there. We always stop by one while we're out of town, just for the international candy!  I should be set for Japanese gummis for a while!

After that, we made our way back home.  It was very dreary and rainy, but be it ever so humble and all that!

It was short, but it was fun!  Can't wait to do another one sometime!

No comments: