Thursday, November 12, 2015

WTF, MATE?!

I just got a Facebook invite from a woman I go to church with for one of those online selling-things parties.

You've probably gotten an invitation for one of them before, for nail polish, or monogrammed bags or some such thing.  I don't usually participate in these things, mainly because I don't have the money to throw down on overpriced junk jewelry or iffy weight loss products.

But the invitation I just got wasn't for any of those things.  This lady invited me to a, uh...toy party.  An adult oriented toy party.

A lady from my church just invited me to an online sex toy party! Whaaaaaaa?!

OK, I'm not a prude and I don't have problems with people either having these parties nor buying things from these kinds of parties.  I'm not offended or anything like that.

But a lady from my church inviting me to something like this is weird...isn't it?  It's not just me?  Please tell me it isn't just me that finds that odd.

OK, let's say I "attend" this party (it's only online, so I wouldn't actually have to get face to face with a group of Southern Baptist ladies all discussing the merits of different sexy time stuff, thank God) and bought fuzzy handcuffs, sexy lingerie, or any of the plethora of things that vibrate, restrain or is described as "life-like?"*  I know how these online parties work!  You have to put in your name and address, and the person hosting this party would see the order!  She would know what I bought, and then she'd know too much!  She'd see me at church and know!

 I will let this cat demonstrate my initial reaction.

Look, I don't care what people do as long as it's consensual and enjoyed by both parties, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with anyone in my church family knowing what I kept in my personal "toy box." 

I'm sure that in about half an hour I'll find this hilarious.

* Yes, I know all of those things are available because I looked at the website.  I couldn't really believe that was what the invitation was for so I checked for myself.  I was wrong.

No comments: