Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I'M BACK!

Yes, I have returned from my wonderful Disney World trip with Steve and his parents. We had a great time.
We set off on tuesday to take his grandma to the airport in Birmingham so she could fly back to Texas. I got really tickled at her because she has started requesting a wheelchair so that she won't get searched or have to take her shoes off. Of course, she ended up having to take her shoes off anyways because the security counter was in front of the wheelchair counter. We went from there to GA where we stayed with aunt Brenda and Uncle Gary. We also had a great time with Amy, Jon, Katie, and Greg. We all had dinner together and we talked for a long time. It was nice. We left wednesday morning and made it to Orlando. We went to Downtown Disney and shopped, which of course, I loved. The rest of the week we went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGM Studios. It was so much fun. The weather was beautiful for the first two days, the crowds weren't that bad, and we hardly ever had to stand in line. I totally recommend that if you ever go to Disney, go in January. It's still full of people, but it isn't miserably full like in summer. We got home on Sunday evening and we fell asleep so early. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. I'm really glad to be home though. Steve's parents are so funny. They rate a hotel by the kind of breakfast they serve. I laughed and laughed when they started talking about it. Mr. Lee is also a man after my own heart. When he travels, he likes to stoop at the roadside stands and country stores to buy fruit and jelly and things.
I started school yesterday. I was only able to have two classes this semester because of work. I'm taking Contemporary Art and Issues (which is going to bust my chops. Lots of research and *gasp* going to the library). I'm also taking intermediate drawing. I know, I know, it sounds like I have a really light load. I suppose I do, but it's still hard trying to work full time, going to school, and taking care of my home, husband, and dogs. Sigh. I really envy people who don't have to work and can focus on their school work and they get to graduate in a decent amount of time. I would love to be out of school and have an actual career right now. I know Steve would too. It's disheartning to hear of people I graduated with working on their doctorate degrees right now. SIGH. Oh well.
I have been having the weirdest dreams lately. I had some severe nighmares while we were traveling, and last night I dreamed that me and my friend Kenny were at my old high school watching a bunch of people destroy the gym. It was really weird. It was also way more complicated than that (and kind of scary) but I don't remember any other details! Somebody help me!
Well, I suppose that's all for now. I have to go to ID class soon. Wish me luck, I've heard this teacher is a heifer!

No comments: