Saturday, January 24, 2004

Last night Steve, Josh and I went to have dinner at an excellent Mexican resturaunt and we stopped by the Movie Gallery not far from the house. We were going to rent a movie, but they had a special buy 2 get one free VHS thing going on. You will never guess the movie we found! SpaceCamp! You know, that horrible, cheesy movie from 1986 that Lea Thompson, Kate Capshaw, and Juaquin Phenoix were in? It was filmed here at the Sprocket Center in 1985 or so and it is so terribly bad that you have to see it to believe it. Of course, being the major space dorks Steve and I are, we bought it and we all watched it together. Granted, I've seen it before, and it's really bad, but I couldn't help suddenly getting into the story. I suppose that all I could think of when they launched the Space Camp kids into space was the phone calls we would be getting threatening lawsuits and screaming parents. Oy vey. I literally got nauseated. I recommend that you watch it at least once, if for no other reason than to see the Space and Rocket Center on a movie. : )

No comments: