Friday, November 19, 2004

Contrary to popular belief, I have not been abducted by aliens! No, I've just been a complete slacker this past week. We had a long, wonderful, productive weekend (marred only by an onset of violent sinus headaches and such sunday night) and this week has been used to recover from that. Steve and his dad finally installed the new sink. It looks amazing, as do the counter-tops. I've been working to get the tiles grouted, but it's a long and winding road to get that done. I've almost gotten the big parts finished, but I've still got to go and fill in some holes. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. I'll try and make them smaller than the one I posted last time! : )

I found a new coffee house that I adore. It's called Aromas and they have the best coffee. I finally found a place where you don't have to put sugar in the mocha latte! Woo-Hoo! Also, they have awesome croissants and other yummy things. I think I'll become a regular.

Steve and I are now in the process of getting ready to go to GA for Thanksgiving. I have to clean out Rudolph so we will have room for the bags and stuff. I should probably start that today. It's amazing how much more stuff that the Durango will hold than the Neon did. Well, it's not so much that it holds more, but that it holds bigger stuff! heeheehee. We're also going to put both dogs in it for the first time so that we can get them to mom and dad's house before we leave. That should be fun!

Oooh, I bought a roaster. It was on sale at Target and I was thinking how handy that would be if I was to ever roast a turkey, it would be a no brainer to use that and leave the oven open for other stuff. Yay! I'm also going to use it to make roast beef from now on so that I don't end up with a crock pot full of onion soup mix that I don't have anywere to discard.

Speaking of shopping, I got my dresses for the various Christmas parties this year. One was VERY on sale at Marshalls (from $134.00 down to $20) and it is so pretty. It's a simple black dress with short, sheer sleeves, and the top of it crosses across the chest. It's classy and I'll be able to wear it to a lot of different things. I'll wear this one to Steve's party because the lady who wrote him and told him what kind of stuff to wear made me nervous. I may have to get a tiara, though. She kept joking about me wearing one, so I'm tempted. : ) The other dress is my favorite one and I'll wear it to the SpRocket christmas party. It's a navy blue "flapper" style dress with no sleeves, a draped neckline, and a hankercheif hemmed skirt. It's really cute. I don't like that it doesn't have sleeves, though. I hate my arms. OK, enough girly stuff.

I actually had a longer entry planned, but I keep fazing in and out of paying attention. I'll try and think of something more interesting to talk about later.

No comments: