Monday, November 22, 2004

I'M SO LAME

This morning after class, I was driving to Hobby Lobby to pick up some presentation board when I realized that my rearview mirror was crooked. As I was trying to adjust it, I saw something weird in the reflection that scared me and I screamed. As soon as the scream was out of my mouth, I realized that it was just my thumb being reflected from where I was adjusting my mirror. I felt like such an idiot! I started laughing, but then realize that I must look crazy driving and laughing like a loon. SIGH, I think I need medication...

I had a lovely weekend for the most part. Friday night Josh came over to help me cook for the Thanksgiving dinner we made for some of our friends. He had a whole menu worked out, so we were chopping and mixing all evening long. It was fun, but I was kind of scared at how some of the food was going to taste. Luckily for us it all turned out great. For all of you keeping score, there was only a few sparks and the fire alarms only went off a couple of times due to overflowing pecan pie filling. No actual fires this time! SCORE!

Saturday, Steve and I cleaned and I went shopping for a tablecloth and some flowers for a centerpiece. Since it was Iron Bowl Saturday (and I'm more apt to cheer for Auburn rather than Alabama, much to Steve's chagrin) I decided to instill my subtle rebellion into my decorating scheme. We have a red and white kitchen, but I bought a blue tablecloth and orange flowers *evil grin*. I'll post a picture as soon as I can. Anyway, Josh came over and we started on the turkey and all of the other stuff. I swear, we were busy from about 1:30 till we ate at 7:00. We had a great time, but everyone was stuffed from the appetizers we'd had before, so we had TONS of leftovers. We also watched Elf, which was funny, and Shrek 2.

Sunday I woke up feeling ill (and NO, it wasn't a hangover...thankyouverymuch). Apparently I have allergies or severe sinus problems that make me feel horribly dizzy, and my throat felt like it was closing up on me. I didn't make it to church because of it, so I laid about reading and watching Lifetime "Weekend of Deceit" movies or something along those lines. It was the staple, woman-loses-everything-but-prevails-in-the-end type movie. Once Steve got home, we got thre puppies ready and took them to my parent's house. I felt bad leaving them because I miss them when they aren't at home. : ( We had dinner with my parents and then came home.

All in all, it was a nice weekend! : ) What did you do?

No comments: