Tuesday, November 30, 2004

HEY!

Greetings, everyone! Here I am, a day or two back after Thanksgiving and FINALLY updating my blog. I was going to update while I was in Georgia, but I didn't get around to it! So, I'm sure you're just dying to know about our trip (meaning those of you who weren't actually there, of course), aren't you?

Wednesday I was able to leave work at 4:00 because apparently no one knew we were open. We were SO slow that day. Steve and I got our last little bits of things together and got on our way. We had to make a couple of stops before we really got going, but finally we were able to get out on the road and start booking it towards Waleska. We got to listen to the new Rick and Bubba CD, and I swear, I laughed until I thought I was going to be sick. It was great. By the time we made it to Aunt Brenda and Uncle Garry's, it was about 9:00 est and we sat and talked to them until Amy, Jon and her two kids got there. I have no idea how long we sat up and talked, but it was fun.
Thursday morning I got up and started helping Aunt Brenda with the big lunch. Well, actually I didn't know it was going to be lunch, so I didn't bother to take a shower or change my clothes while I was working because I thought I would have plenty of time to do all of that later. Not so much. : ) Everyone got there and they all looked so nice, and there I was in my PJs with hair like Don King, covered in mayonaise after an unfortunate squeeze bottle incident. So I had to run to the back and get "purty". Lunch was fabulous, of course, and afterwards we had our early Christmas with that part of the family. I got some really great stuff, and I had fun watching everyone else open their gifts as well. We had gotten Greg a gag gift, a VHS of a Menudo concert or something, and we made Greg believe that was his gift. I wish I could have seen him open it, but Steve said his expression was priceless. : ) HOLA, MENUDO!!!!! I honestly don't remember what happened after that because I kept dozing off. I felt like one of those old people who sit around watching Matlock. I did that alot while I was there. My allergies were kicking my tail, and any time I'd get still, I'd go to sleep. I bet everyone thought I was being rude! Sorry, guys.
Friday, I don't remember at all. I think we mostly watched TV and I know Kristin and Amy came over at some point, but details are spotty. I don't really remember Steve being there, but that doesn't make sense at all. I promise I wasn't on crack or anything!
Saturday, after I had breakfast with Steve's paren't and Aunt B and Uncle G, I sequestered myself in the back bedroom and did some long overdue homework. I had no idea that I had been in there as long as I actually was. In fact, it didn't dawn on me that I had been in there for more than a couple of hours until I went to the kitchen to get lunch and realized it had been about 8 hours. Amy and her kids had gone home and it was just me and Brenda and Garry (they really need a single word that can describe both an Aunt and Uncle so that you don't have to keep typing that out, don't they?) I decided that I would just bring my laptop in there and put some finishing touches on my work and eat and after that we just sat about and watched TV. Steve and I were supposed to have plans, I think (I never knew for sure what, when or where), but he and Greg had gone to the Georgia/Georgia Tech (Go Dawgs, Woof) and were so tired by the time they got back that Steve went straight to bed and we didn't do anything else. I hung out with Brenda afer Garry went to bed, and we watched Haunted History (God bless the History Channel) and for some reason after Brenda went to bed, I was still awake. I couldn't sleep at all. Steve woke up about 3:00am and we stayed up and talked until about 4:30 before I just literally fell out asleep.
Sunday we left there and stopped by Greg and Kristin's for a few minutes to drop off some stuff Greg left in the Durango and then we headed back to Alabama. We got the dogs and went home. I was tired, but we stayed up and watched the DVDs of Smallville that Steve got as a gift. I love Tom Welling, by the way. : )

Now I'm back at work and still falling asleep everytime I get still enough. I was a complete Pez Head yesterday at work, and I've got to go to school tonight. I'm so glad that this semester is almost over. I won't get much of a vacation for the holidays, but it will be a welcome change not to have to go to school for a couple of weeks anyways.

No comments: