Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I'VE BECOME THAT WHICH I DESPISE

No, not a soccermom! We've been told by management that we have to start a call back program (A.K.A Telemarketing) to try and garner some reservations for Space Camp. I absolutely hate doing it because I know how it feels to get called out of the blue from one of these annoying creatures! I've been putting it off every day, but all I'm doing is making myself look bad by not being further along on my list. I don't like hawking anything to anyone. I got enough of selling when I worked at Pier 1 thankyouverymuch! I've finally found a groove to get into, though. If someone answers, I just tell them who I am, what I am calling for, and ask if they're interested. If they say no, I'm all "Well, thanks anyway."
Little known fact about me? I have an issue about phones. I don't like to talk on them. Sort of ironic since I work in a call center, huh? I literally start feeling all sweaty and weird when I think I may have to talk on the phone. It's not that I don't like people (well, most people). Answering isn't so bad, but calling someone is. So I'm sitting at my desk, feeling nauseated, and having to call people and beg for money. Ulcer much?

On a lighter note, I won a Customer service award today! I got a $25 gift card from Wal-Mart and balloons. I rule! : )

Speaking of Soccermoms, I now have proof that they are out to kill me. Yesterday, while I was driving to work, an honest to God soccer ball flew out of the window of a Mini-Van and came right at me. I had to swerve. It's like they're setting depth charges now!

I've got to go to the print studio tonight and work on my final project. Woo and/or Hoo. I wore the lab coat that I use as a smock into the grocery store this morning, and it has a huge, bloody looking handprint on it from were I had a messy accident with some maroon paint. There is nothing better than walking into a public place wearing a lab coat that looks covered in blood. Heeheehee. Totally worth the looks of alarm! : )

Ciao!

No comments: