Monday, December 20, 2004

WEEKEND UPDATE

Greetings and salutations, everyone!

Friday night was the SpRocket christmas party and we had a really great time. I ended up having to wear the same black dress that I wore to Steve's party, because the shoes I had to wear with my blue dress didn't fit, and I couldn't (with a sound mind) wear black shoes with a blue dress!! I actually bought tickets to the raffle this year and I brought home three prizes, a $20 gift certificate to Applebee's, and a $25 and $50 gift card to the mall! Woo-Hoo! You'll also be happy to know that I didn't hurt my back this time, even though I danced in the same shoes. It's amazing what a difference having sufficent seating for everyone can make on the well being of my feet.

Saturday morning I had to work (BOO HISS) but while I was at work, Steve and his dad installed my surprise christmas present from them. It was a great, new stove! It's one of those with the flat glass tops, and a much bigger oven. I baked a cake in it saturday evening, and I didn't catch even one thing on fire! YAY FOR ME!!!!! I named the new oven KITT because it's black and has this "nightlight" that goes all the way across the thingie with the knobs on it. Granted the light doesn't move back and forth and it's not red, and it is more like a Cylon, but I still named it KITT. I hated to get rid of Kenny the Second (the old, avacado green Kenmore stove) but we all knew that the day was coming. I mean, an appliance can only catch on fire so many times before you have to give it up. Saturday night we had our christmas dinner with Anthony, Josh, Shannon and Greg. James and Becky were supposed to be there, but their little boy was sick : (. We exchanged our gifts, which were awesome, and we ate Lasagna and chicken wings. We also had our yearly viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. " 'Tis the season to me merry! Well, that's my name!" Heh. Good times, noodle salad.

Sunday the choir had it's Christmas cantata and Steve was one of the narrators. He did a wonderful job! I was so proud of him. He's usually so shy, but he was great! My friend Christy, who had the solo this year, also did a great job! We didn't have a very long afternoon, so we didn't go to my parent's house, because Steve had to be back at the church early to do the cantata over again for another congregation. I was going to go again, but we realized that a) we had no food and I needed to go to the grocery store before everything was gone and b) we needed clean clothes. So I stayed home and played the domestic goddess for the evening. Apparently some idiot weatherman said the magic word "Snow" and everyone in my neighborhood ran to the local Publix to buy them out of milk and bread. Can someone explain this to me? Why in the world do people buy milk and bread when they think it's going to snow? Those are the two things that go bad the most quickly, but when it snows, everyone thinks they need it. All I wanted was some bread, only for sandwiches - not survival, and the aisle was cleaned the freak out. It's also a good thing I didn't want milk! I would have had to wrestle an elderly lady down to the floor! I finally got done and got everything put away, and I spent the rest of the evening playing the Sims 2. Celeste had twins, by the way. Elija and Amanda is what we named them. She had to hire a nanny because she hadn't slept much the whole three days she was pregnant. : )

So that was it! A full and fabulous weekend. Now, onward to the holidays!

No comments: