Tuesday, December 14, 2004

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I don't like bothering people. If you know me, you probably don't believe that, but it's true. I've called well over two hundred people, and I've bothered most of them. This makes me feel icky in a way I can't articulate.

I wish I could just drop off my work tonight and go home. However, I have to reclaim my screen before I can go. That sounds like I've got to go through some Indiana Jones-ish temple obstacle course to get it back, but it's just a fancy way of saying I have to clean it before I can leave. Otherwise, I'll get the dreaded INCOMPLETE.

Is there anything more personally embarrassing/disappointing than when you think someone likes you and you find out that you were wrong? Not only that, but that you were so convinced that they liked you that you got really comfortable with the idea, and you ended up making a fool of yourself. This happened to me years ago and something I heard just brought it back to the front of my mind. I'm still embarrassed about it. Do we ever get over humiliations or do we just forget about them? I vote on the latter.

I tried to do a french manicure on myself. Key word: tried. I now know why I didn't go to beauty school!

Here is my "Yes, Please" list. I stole this from a friend of mine who has good ideas. It's a list of things that, if offered to you, the reply would be "Yes, please". Clever name, no?

1. A long, quiet day reading a good book. In my pajamas, no less.
2. Waking up with a craving for cake, baking one then and there,
and eating it right out of the pan.
3. Walking on the beach looking for shells and interesting drftwood.
4. Going to an aquarium for the day...as long as it had otters.
5. Going to a bookstore and staying for hours.
6. Playing with a puppy.
7. Having your art praised by someone you respect.
8. Fuzzy slippers, hot chocolate covered in marshmallows, and
biscotti while watching Pirates of the Carribbean.
9. Walking aimlessly with a camera in a place full of pictures
begging to be made.
10. Looking at my hands after a day in the print studio, knowing
that the colors on my hands are as meaningful as a Jackson
Pollok painting, and tell a story of the things I've created.
11. A good, long hug.
12. Finding the perfect gift for someone, and KNOWING that they'll
love it.

I have lots more, but twelve is a nice round number. : )

Wow, I'm procrastinating!

I may have to go home and plug in the Kareoke machine. I feel a song trying to get out of me and it will only be satisfying if it is loud and has reverb. Gloria Gaynor, who?

Anyways....back to the manacles...uh, I mean telephones!

1 comment:

Tae said...

I wasn't smoking crack! It was womething else entirely!