Saturday, December 04, 2004

WE DROPPED IT LIKE IT WAS HOT

Yes, I'm talking about Steve's corporate Christmas party last night. We went to the Holiday Inn Research Park and I finally got to meet the people he's always talking about. Everyone told me how much they liked Steve, so of course I'm all proud of him and stuff. I knew he was awesome, I'm just glad someone else sees it too!

*Oh yeah, Kenny. Steve's boss admired my shoes. : )*

He works with a bunch of engineers and computer geeks, so the best way to explain my first impression is for you to imagine walking into a formal Star Trek convention! : ) Heeheehee. Actually, not everyone was like that. I got to meet the man who owns the company breifly. He looks a LOT like the guy who plays Niles Crane on "Fraiser" and I must say, a very snazzy dancer! Which brings me to another point; white people should not be allowed to dance to songs like "Wild Thang" by Tone Loc in public. Corporate executives, drunk, out on the floor gyrating is a phenomena that should be studied at MIT. Very Scary.

Steve and I didn't dance much, but what little we did caused me to hurt my back like you wouldn't believe. I could barely move when I woke up this morning. I think it was those tiny little medival torture devices, called high heels, that I was wearing. I felt bad, but I had to keep sitting down so that I wouldn't lose feeling in my toes. Steve looked very handsome, and he said I looked nice, but it wasn't without paying a price.

On the way to the party I realized that I was having bra issues. My dress had sort of a low neckline (don't get scared, I was decent) and I realized that unless I was completely still, my bra would show, so in a flash of understanding unusual for my husband, he asked if I wanted to go to Target and get another one that would work better. So I'm all dressed up, walking through the lingerie department of Target trying to find a bra that will work with this dress. It took me quite a while, but I finally found one. However, I realized that because my dress had no zipper or buttons, I was going to have to take off my dress to change the offending piece of underwear. Well, I knew I couldn't do that in the car, so while Steve went to the car I went into the restroom to change. I was hoping that there was some other alternative to stripping in a public restroom, but alas... So there I was, undressed except for my hose and shoes, trying to hurry and get redressed so that the lady in the next stall wouldn't know what I was doing. I still got weird looks when I walked out.

So, if any of you happen to go into the ladies room at the University Drive Target, could you see if you could find my dignity? I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

HAHA.

Smart man.

At least he's not totally enamored with Klingons.