Monday, March 07, 2005

I love quotes. I love the fact that we have snippets of wise things other people say to draw on when we don't know how to express ourselves. I use a lot of quotes in my artwork. Sometimes they make sense in the context I use them in and sometimes they don't. It doesn't really matter in the long run, and that's the beauty of the thing. Here is one I found for today:

Indifference is the invisible giant of the world.
~Ouida

So, how was my weekend? Well, it had it's moments. Friday night Steve and I went to see Josh's new condo. It's so adorable...I mean, it's a swingin' batchelor's pad and chick magnet. : ) Actually, it's really nice. It's in one of those condo plexes where they have little lawns and tennis courts. The one he's moving in to was owned by someone with BAD taste in decorating. It's going to have to be completely repainted and the wall paper will need to be taken down, but it's so cozy. He's going to let me help him redecorate! Yay! Saturday I had to work: BOO. Steve and I were going to spend the rest of the evening cleaning, but Josh invited us to a cookout and we went there instead. It was a lot of fun. We talked and laughed and I showed everyone my most impressive yoga backbend. Ooooh and/or ahhhhhh. : ) Sunday we overslept and didn't do anything except for going to my parent's house for lunch. We had been trying to get some things done around the house, and we got some of it done, but all it did was intensify the realization that we need to just bomb the place and start all over. Good news, though, is that my parent's will be having a yard sale and we can unload a ton of stuff with that. Everything they don't sell goes to Good Will, so even if no one buys it we don't have to bring it home. I just wish I wasn't getting rid of so many nice clothes. I suppose not getting fat would help, but I don't seem to have a say in the matter. Steve and I both decided to be brutal and not have those "I'll wear it when I lose weight" piles of clothes, but of course we did save back a couple of things. : )

Anyways, that was my weekend. How very, very exciting.

No comments: