Friday, March 11, 2005

SEE AT LAST! SEE AT LAST!

I FINALLY GOT MY NEW GLASSES! Woo-Hoo! I went and picked up my new ones yesterday and I can see for miles. It's weird, my eyes have been trained to focus through my ratty old ones for so long that it feels like my eyes are changing shape while they are getting used to the new ones. I'm also excited because the new ones aren't held together with glue, tape or soldier AND I don't look so much like Velma from the Scooby gang anymore. Go me.

Since I had two doc appointments yesterday I skipped school and had a Kelly Day. I went to a place called Garden Cove produce which is a health food store and that was kind of cool. I embarrassed myself there. Taking a que from a very talented photographer friend of mine, I took my camera along with me in case I saw anything interesting. When I got into the store, I thought that some of the things in there would make interesting pictures and that I could probably use some of the pictures for my art projects. Well, since this place is family owned, I asked if I could take pictures because I didn't want them to think I was with the health department or whatever. Well, the first lady told me to ask a second lady, and the second lady told me to talk to someone else, and before it was all over it had gotten more complicated than it was worth. So I was just going to quietly make my purchases and leave. Well, the cashier lady asked if I had taken any pictures and I told her that I just decided it was too much trouble and that it wasn't important, but she wouldn't let me leave until she called the manager over. I was so embarrased. When I told her I was just wanting the pictures so that I could use them for art projects she said "Who are you with?" I just stammered that I was an art student and told her what I wanted to do and told her it wasn't important and she STILL went on to tell me they would have to know some time in advance because of stocking days and what not. I just gave up. I figure I can take pictures at Target if I need pictures of fruit.
I also went to Maple Hill Cemetary to take some pictures, and it was too cold to stay long. I was hoping to get some of those "ghost" pictures I told you about before (heeheehee) and so I just hollered out "Okay, folks, if anyone wants to have their picture made, come on out." About that time I see someone out of the corner of my eye, which of course scares me, and I turned and no one was there. I left fairly quickly after that. In the hazy light of a new day, I'm pretty sure that it was just one of those eye floaters or whatever, but for a second I thought I was about to make an interesting new aquaintance. I'll be going back when it gets a little warmer. I don't know why I like old cemetaries. I'm a taphophile I guess. Don't get worried though, it's not death I'm facinated with, it's the old head stones. I wish that I knew where more old graveyards were. I've just about read everything at Maple Hill. It's still interesting to me, though, so I'll keep going back once a year or so. I haven't looked at the pictures I took yet, so I'll let you know if my friend in in any of them! ; )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

The reason your eyes feel like they are changing shape is because the lens moves as needed to make it thicker or thinner to keep the light focused on the retina depending on the distance of the object you are trying to see.

Tae said...

Wow, that's weird. So in a sense they Are changing shape? You really DO know everything! : )