Tuesday, March 15, 2005

No Dignity...

I was going to enter this on my blog today, and then I decided not to. I finally decided to post it after all when I realized that it is indeed a funny story. This is a story of how I once again lost my dignity in a public bathroom. I sent this story to a friend of mine, so I just cut and pasted the story as it was from that e-mail. Hope you get a good laugh!

I went to Wal-Mart last night and went to the bathroom. While I was in there I looked for some money that I had in my pocket, but couldn't find it. I was kind of ticked, because I knew that if it had fallen out, I would never see it again. I had just gotten resigned to the fact that I had lost it when I turned around and realized that the money was in the toilet. Now, I just stood there hoping I was hallucinating. Had it been my own bathroom, it would still have been disgusting, but not like this. When I walked in, I thought to myself that the bathroom was gross, but now I was faced with a predicament that would require me to fish something out of the toilet, and I wasn't prepared for that. I honestly thought about flushing it, but as you know, in the toilet or not, it was still money. Had it been change, I wouldn't have even considered it, but it was the green kind. So I went McGyver mode and tried to fashion a rudimentary glove from a toilet seat cover. However, those dissolve when they come into contact with water apparently. *Shudder* So I've got a handful of quickly dissolving toilet seat cover and wet money running like a loon through the bathroom making a high pitched keening noise. So I throw the money under hot water and wash my hands as much as possible. Then I have to take the money, wrap it in tissue, and stuff it into my purse. When I got home, I anti bacterial washed those suckers and hung them up to dry. I guess I'm guilty of money laundering (you know I was just waiting to use that one).


No comments: