Thursday, April 14, 2005

I can now commiserate with anyone who has ever tried to dress an angry two year old. This morning I had to take Bear back to the vet to get his stitches out. As soon as he saw me coming with the harness he went nuts. I chased him around the room, tried asking nicely for him to stand still, and I even tried the trick of putting my hands through the leg holes and pulling his legs through that way. When I finally got his legs through, he rolled over on his back so I couldn't fasten it!!! I had to wrestle him down to get it on. Then he jumped on the car, scratching the paint, and while we were driving he tried to stand in my lap! By the time we got to the vet, we were late, he and his lead were wrapped around my legs, and I had a sore spot on my face where he punched me while we were in the car (yes, he PUNCHED me!). He wouldn't sit still for the vet to clip off the stitches, so they had to take him in the back and strap him to the table. While he was back there they found another gross bite mark on his chest that we couldn't see because of his fur. We have to start giving him antibiotics again and put the stinging medicine that he hates on it!!! They didn't even try to stitch it up. Oy vey. The vet thinks he's the worst acting dog, I just know it. He was only scared though. I"m going to have to resort to drugging my dogs whenever I take them in from now on.
How do mothers do it? Geez, these are just dogs for the love of Pete!

No comments: