Friday, April 29, 2005

STATUS REPORT

One pretty darn good self-promotional website completed and turned in for final project. It actually turned out better than I thought it was going to no matter how much my teacher thinks I should have more "Type Play". I also learned how to do some nifty stuff with Flash in the process. Go me!

12 intaglio prints of Key Largo done and turned in. 7 of them trial proofs and 1 edition of 5 identical ones. They didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I am just not that skilled with intaglio. If I had more time to devote, I think I'd become rather talented at it. Anyone want to buy me a $3,000 press and UV exposire unit? Anyone?

One hundred handmade wedding invitations completed (well, almost). I got down to the last 25 and ran out of ribbon, but I'm heading out to get the rest of it today! Here is what they look like - although please understand they are much nicer in person -



The invitation is actually navy blue rather than purple, but I had a little trouble with the color settings when I scanned it.

I have not cleaned the house yet. I've made a couple of half hearted tries, but I kept getting distracted with school stuff. In fact, the house seemed to get messier and messier as I was in the process of doing all of this. Today, however, I am going to clean! I don't know what will actually get acomplished, exactly, but I am determined to at least see the floor in one room by the end of today!

I have taken some new pictures that I eventually want to put up on my website. Speaking of, the redesign on that is going SLOW. Maybe this summer I can have it completed. I've got all of these really great ideas, but I haven't been able to implement them. SIGH.

Yesterday I used the remainder of the gift card that dearest husband got me from Williams-Sanoma. I got a very cool muffin pan that makes the muffins or cupcakes, or whatever, in the shapes of roses. Hmmm, maybe that's a little dorky to everyone else. Anyways, I thought that it would be a cute idea to make red velvet cake in them. I just recently found out that I'm good at making red velvet cake. However, I need to learn how to store it away. Steve was eating the last piece and after the first bite found mold on it. Yeah, needed to put that in the fridge. Sorry, Steve!

I have very recently had the feeling that a friend of mine has become utterly and completely tired of me. I don't exactly know if I did anything to cause this, but I suppose I must have. I'd like to apologize if it is something I CAN apologize about, but if it is just about me being me, I guess I'm kinda screwed. At any rate, friend-who-probably-doesn't-even-read-this-but-on-the-off-chance-may-be-reading-this-and-will-know-who-you-are, be nice enough to tell me if this is true and give me a little closure. I'd rather know that we are no longer friends than to sit about waiting to hear from you and not, or finding out later that you only stayed around because it made you feel too bad to just tell me that you were tired of me and have you complain about me to other people. I neither need nor want that. Thanks!

I went to the new Starbucks last night. I was underwhelmed. I mean, it was fine as far as coffee shops go and it had a fine selection of all things coffee and tea, but I guess I was just expecting more. However, I will go back! If nothing else, the smell of the coffee alone is worth going in. I think I might also adopt that angsty art student facade and wear black and sit in the corner with my copy of On the Road. However, finding angst and a copy of On the Road, may be more trouble than it's actually worth! : )

I'm sure all of this was riveting, but I'm going to leave it at that. Ciao!

No comments: