Tuesday, June 14, 2005

SOME RANDOM RANDOMNESS

1) We went to see Josh's new school in Providence last night. I've got one word to describe it: Stepford. I'm serious. It's very beautiful, very ordered, and very clean. A veritable breeding ground for SoccerMoms, but otherwise a very nice place. Providence is actually a "Planned Community" and it has these beautiful homes and town houses with sort of a plantation/New Orleans feel to them, and it has it's own shops and resturaunts. However, it kind of makes me nervous. I saw a movie once about a place like this. It was about a planned community who used the schools to brainwash the children, and had hidden cameras doing survelliance in every home. It was very Big Brother. The neighborhood association ended up mutilating the family dog and trying to hold them hostage by locking the doors to the neighborhood and becoming self sufficent. Weird. At any rate, ethe school is lovely and Josh will make an excellent Vice Principal. He even has his own nifty little office and everything!

2) Yesterday we were busy, as usual, but when four o'clock came around, we had dead silence. It was eerie until I realized that four o'clock was the time set aside to read the Micheal Jackson verdict. I don't know whether or not to find it sad that everyone had take time out of their lives to hear it, or think it's funny. So, about the verdict? I'm glad for him. I never thought he did what they accused him of, but I kept an open mind and read the testemonies to make sure that I wasn't wrong. I found too many inconsistancies in what the mom and the kid said for me to believe it. I mean, sure, he's a circus freak, but not a child molester. I will give him one piece of advice, though. Micheal, keep the kids out of the bedroom!!! In fact, keep kids out of the wing of Neverland that has your bedroom in it. I don't care if you were accuitted this time, you need to take some precautions to keep this from happening again. Please. Because if I have to hear, read, or listen to another one of your weird, rabid fans cry and slobber over you and how the world is unfair to you because of your greatness, I'll have to go on a rampage.

3) We painted the primer on the garage door yesterday. Since we got our new windows, we are trying hard to do the update on the outside of the house. The primer is a greyish blue, as anyone who looked at my forehead last night can attest (had to scratch, forgot it was oil based), but the actual color of the door will be a dark blue. We are also painting the front door the same color eventually, and we will also repaint the stoop and railings a whole new color. As soon as we can get the brick painted, it will look like a different house all together!

4) The Emmys are this weekend! Go Lauren!

5) I have 8 days and counting before my new job starts. I've already got my bowl of M&Ms for the desk and my Napoleon Dynamite poster for the door. All I need now is my Captain Jack Sparrow poster and my Exacto blades and I'll be set. My cubie looks very bare and sad. I've been bringing stuff home by dribs and drabs, but there are still a bunch of little things to get. A girl who recently left gave me a giant cup full of straws because I was always borrowing them from her. I was trying to decide last Friday whether or not I wanted to take them with me, and I didn't think I did, but I didn't want to throw them away either. So I decided to do some arts and crafts. After constructing an eight or ten foot straw by taping them together and then making it into a hula hoop, I decided to make a hat. Now, in the process of making this hat (and I was taking calls the whole time, so I'm not a complete slacker) I put the skeleton of it on my head to get it out of the way. About that time, the CFO walks in and looks at me. I had two options, I could dive under my desk and hide, or I could play it off. I just smiled at him and pretended that it was normal for people to wear straws on their heads. Luckily he thought it was a party hat of some kind and he asked what we were celebrating. I just told him I was queen of the call center and he nodded and went on his way. I am one lucky freak.

6) We went to Steve's company picnic on Saturday. It was fun, but it rained the whole time. At least I got to go to the Botanical Gardens during the day while there were flowers blooming. Normally we only go when it's night time or during the winter when there are no flowers. It was beautiful. I also got to go into the Butterfly House where they breed the butterflies and they just fly all around you. It's weird, but as much as I hate bugs, I don't mind butterflies landing on me. None did, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Steve didn't like it, so he waited outside. We also had dinner with Steve's co-worker Casey and his girlfriend Mariah. It was a lot of fun, and we watched The Amityville Horror, the new version. It left me pretty cold except when he killed the dog, and that bothered me. I usually don't care how many people bite it during a movie as long as the pets live. Otherwise it didn't bother me that much. I thought it would, but since I found out the whole thing was a hoax to begin with, it didn't bother me. : P

7) The other day I was making a list to post on here that was "10 Things I've done that no one else has". I only got to number 6. I'm so boring. : (

8) I DO NOT recommend the Slim Fast soup in a cup. I had an emergency stash in my desk for those days before I get paid and am broke, but when I tried to eat it it was disgusting. I had to eat a Wet One to get the taste out of my mouth.

9) I wish I were in Key West right now under that palm tree on the beach. I wouldn't even have to get out in the water, just lie there and get a tan. I wonder if I could do it on my lunch break?

10) The lady who works as our switchboard operator has had some problems with anxiety lately, so she leaves for the doc today and comes back with a bottle of Xanax. She asked me if I would look up information about it for her, and to say the least, I'm scared. She already has an attitude problem, but apparently Xanax can cause hallucinations and aggrivated outbursts. I can only say, I hope that I'm not on the phone with her when one of those happen! : )

No comments: