Thursday, December 07, 2006

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I haven't said it yet, but congratulations to my cousin Amy for successfully completing NaNoWriMo! No, that isn't some kind of strange Japanese pilgrimage to the outer rim of the univerise, it is National Novel Writing Month, which was November. She wrote a 50,000 word novel in one month. She even used my name, well, my old name, in it! Yay! GOOOOOOO AMY! Woo-Hoo!

2) When you have to run out of your bathroom screaming "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! I NEED AN OLD PRIEST AND A YOUNG PRIEST!" to the toilet, that isn't a good thing. Apparently the water had been turned off and there was air in the pipes, so when the toilet flushed, it sounded like it was laughing and growling. Now, most of the time, I am quite sensible about knowing that the toilet is not alive, however that caught me off guard. I'm okay now, though.

3) I'm just letting you know, but I am going to poison the next person who takes me for granted. Just FYI.

4) Should I be worried that Steve knows the words to "My Humps?" Not just knows them, but sings it while walking around the house getting ready for work? Also, when he uses the word "Fergalicious" in conversation...should I be scared?

5) I don't like Justin Timberlake's music as a rule, but the song "Sexyback" is pretty darn catchy. It's a bad song to hear right before you get out of the car, because you will walk around singing bits and pieces of it all day and people look at you strangely.

6) I'm gonna make cookies!

7) I'm thinking about getting contacts so that I don't have to wear my glasses everywhere I go. Any advice?

I'll be back...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the contact thing..don't get hard lenses! Not that I think you'll need them, but if you had a choice, go with the soft lenses because, I swear, I can't find conditioning soloution for rigid lenses ANYWHERE anymore. Damn the man!

Anonymous said...

Get the kind you can leave in for a few days or at least overnight, but don't do it. Get them for nap attacks only. Clean them at night. Also if you're like me, and I think you kind of are, go for quarterly replacement or disposable, because, well, stuff kind of happens to contact lenses. They fall out, or they get ripped or something. At least mine do. A lot.
And thanks! YAY! I am always thrilled to get a mention in your blog! :) :) :)