Sunday, December 31, 2006

I'm going to go ahead and say my little bit about the whole Saddam thing and get it over with.

The whole thing makes me feel really weird.

Here we are, reportedly a country of civilized, (mostly) God fearing people who are cheering about someone being hanged. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about capitol punishment when deserved, and I can think of few people who deserved it as much as Saddam Hussein. He was bad and evil, scary in the same way that Hitler was scary. I also believe he was crazy, probably crazier than most people think. You could just feel that something evil was looking out of his eyes at you.

But I can't seem to be glad that he was executed. I mean, I'm not sorry he's gone. I'm glad that no one has to worry about his brand of crazy anymore and I'm glad that he's not ever going to hurt anyone ever again, but being glad that someone was hanged just feels too creepy to me. I think maybe it makes me sad that things like this have to happen in our world today. That, and so many people seem to have this self-righteous glee about it all. I don't know.

I just don't like hurt. It's hard to explain exactly how I feel about it, though.

I know he deserved it, but I hope no one expects me to cheer about it either.

Gah, I'm probably going to be accused of being a liberal. Of course, if I were glad about it, I'd be accused of being conservative. *shakes head* I'm danged either way!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Liberal!

Left wing nut!

Why do you hate America?