Monday, February 05, 2007

Greetings, Y'all!

I know you've been waiting all weekend for it, and now it's finally time to get it!

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Yeah, that's right, you know it's what you needed. : )

FRIDAY: I had to do some errands after work on Friday afternoon, so I took my lunch hour at four and got a head start on the traffic. Or at least I thought I would. Apparently, no one in Huntsville works past 3:30 on Fridays except the people here at the center. Weird. Anyways, so I fight traffic and make a run to Hobby Lobby. You will be both shocked and amused to realize that I actually left the store without buying anything! I know, I couldn't believe it either! I was actually looking for something very specific when I went shopping and I couldn't find it anywhere. Very frustrating. So I finally make myself go into Pier 1 and I find a reasonably close copy of what I'm looking for. They actually had exactly what I wanted, but only one of them, so I had to go with a close second. I'm making a wedding gift for a guy I work with, and I was getting something for their kitchen. Needless to say, with the trouble I had finding his gift, he'd better stay married for good this time! I also had to run to Target because Steve had requested that I pick up some soda (or Cokes, if you will). I wound up spending much more time than I had meant to while I was in there. :( Target does that to me. I had decided to suck it up and get into the spirit of Valentine's Day for Steve's sake and buy him a box of chocolates. Target has a lot of cute stuff, but being around all of that cuteness made me throw up in my mouth a little. After that, I picked up dinner and went home. After we ate, Steve went looking for something sweet, and he went through the bags that I had brought home and he found his chocolate. He was good enough not to eat it since I told him it WAS supposed to be his Valentine, but I finally just told him to go ahead because it didn't matter anymore. So much for that then!

SATURDAY: Once again I woke up insanely early, but so did Steve. His dad was going to be coming over to help clear out our fence row and move some branches. We had breakfast and watched last week's Battlestar Galactica since we missed it. I was working on another wedding gift (I ask that no one else get married this year) and cleaning up the house. I thought we were going to have some of our friends over, but we decided to go out to eat with them instead. While I was getting ready, I had some extra time and a box of hot rollers. My hair has grown out a lot since the last time I tried to use them, so I thought I'd see how they worked this time. I looked like Shirley Temple. I mean, that's better than Gilda Radner, I suppose, right? So I walk into the livingroom and show Steve. He laughs. Honestly, I couldn't blame him because I looked fairly crazy. I tried and tried to tame it down, but nothing was working. I just ended up having to go out with a white girl fro. Very nice. Josh and Anthony met us at Ruby Tuesday's and we had a really fun time. Anthony said I looked like someone from an old 20's movie, so Tallulah Bankhead...eat your heart out! During dinner, we talked about everything from telephones to the space time continum and collective unconciousness. We also were posed this question by Anthony: Would you get a tattoo on yourself in order to save the lives of five people you don't know. It sounds like a crazy question, right? I would totally do it. Anthony and Steve wouldn't. That doesn't make them despicable, actually. They said that if they didn't know who they were saving, they could be allowing some horrible person to live and maybe end up destroying the world. Of course, they could also be saving the life of someone who could end up curing cancer, so it's a double edged sword. It was an interesting conversation, anyways.

SUNDAY: We went to church, of course. My friend Christie STILL has not had her baby. She was at church though. Her husband Matt is all nervous and fidgety about it, but that's kind of sweet. There were so many people in our pew that I had to sit my purse on the floor out of the way. This led me to forget it when we left. I didn't realize it until I was at home, and Steve was supposed to meet his friend Brittany to get the next two season's of Stargate (sigh) on DVD from her, so we were going to have to run by church on his way to meet her. He got caught up doing something at home with the TV and so when we got to the church, it was locked and no one was home. Steve and I were freaking out because our church is not exactly in the best neighborhood, and my whole existence seems to be in my purse, but there was nothing we could do at that point and we had to go and get his DVDs. On the way, he realized that he knew were he could get a key, so we planned on getting his DVDs and going back for my purse. So we waited, and waited, and waited. Apparently Brittany had forgotten she was teaching Sunday school and had sent Steve a text message about it - - - which he didn't get. So we sat there for 20 minutes before he called her and found this out. By then it was too late to go back and get the key, so we left my stuff at church and went on to my parent's house. Mom had made a wonderful lunch and then we watched some of the pre-game on the Super Bowl. I care nothing for the Super Bowl, but they were giving bios on the coaches and players from the teams, so it was interesting. After church that night, we went to dinner with two families from our church and watched some of the game at the restaurant.

Good times.

No comments: