Monday, February 26, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Yes, my preciouses, it's that time again. Time to read about my generally uneventful, yet oddly interesting, weekend. You might want to pause here and go to the bathroom before you start reading. I don't want a cleaning bill on my hands.

FRIDAY: Friday started off late for me. I couldn't make myself wake up. I haven't been sleeping well and if I wake up in the middle of the night for any significant length of time and then go back to sleep, I feel as if I haven't slept at all. I knew I'd be late for work, so I took my lunch hour from 8-9 that morning so that I wouldn't get in trouble. My boss is generally cool with things like that, so no harm-no foul. After work I had decided to run some errands. I have been embroidering some napkins for a friend who is getting married and I had to go and buy another one because I didn't have enough. I found out this morning that I STILL didn't make enough, but I'll have to give them an IOU because their wedding is this weekend and I don't have time to make 3 more before then. I also went to Fresh Market to spend a gift certificate that Mr. Lee got me for my birthday. I love going there, but I always feel so gauche because the clientele is generally that of the yuppie-kind. I don't exactly fit that description, you know. So I got some things, looked at other things, and was too embarrassed to ask for help at the deli counter. I finally got what I wanted and left out of there. Even though I really like the store, there is always that sense of relief when I leave. I always feel like the soccermoms and gay couples who I always see in there are thinking "INTERLOPER!" when I walk by.

Saturday was, as usual, less productive than I had hoped. I wasn't feeling well, so I was slow to do the stuff that needed to be done. I did manage to get some things finished, but then I got a bad headache and had to lie down for a while. I think I slept, but I can't be certain. That has been happening to be a lot lately. I'll fall into an ill timed half doze that can last for a few minutes to about an hour. Weird. Anyways, it was supposed to storm that day, so I kept a lookout to make sure that I got the dogs in before that happened. I was playing the hokey-pokey with them all day, but they had a good sense of humor about it. Also, they got extra treats, so I know that they didn't mind. :) While I was eating lunch, I decided to get a pay-per-view movie. For some reason, I decided that "Saw III" would be perfect lunch time entertainment. I thought the other two movies were pretty good, so I didn't think I would have a problem with this one. Oops. Now, I have a pretty strong stomach for horror movies, but this one was gross. There were literally scenes that I couldn't watch at all, and that is not normal for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not so blase about torture that I can watch it with no problem, but this movie was painful. I had to leave the room and just listen to a lot of it, but I made myself watch as much as I could since I bought it. *Shudder* By that point, Steve was home and we decided to watch another movie. It had started to thunder and lightening, so he flipped off the lights and a bunch of our electrical stuff and we watched the movie on his laptop while sitting in the dark. The movie he had picked was "Snakes on a Plane." I knew that the movie had been deemed awfully silly, even with all of the hype, but I thought we might as well watch it anyways. I'm not going to lie and say the movie was great, but it was definitely entertaining! It gave me the crawlies something terrible, but it was funny and made me jump, which I like. My one big problem was my own fear of flying and being trapped inside somewhere made the movie all the more creepy, but I thought it was fun. There is some bad language and some nudity that seemed gratuitous, but not nearly as much as I thought would be on there. I'm just glad we didn't see this movie in a theater. Steve doesn't like it when people hear him scream like a girl. :)

Sunday was the norm. Church and My parents house for lunch. Our morning service was a little different because our church is having a revival this week, so the visiting preacher did the sermon. I mean no disrespect to him, because I'm sure he's a wonderful person and all, but I didn't like the way he kept trying to get people to say "Amen" during his sermon. Seems to me that if people want to say it, they will, and not because the preacher stops what he's saying and gives them a cue. Other than that, he certainly made the story of the prodigal son interesting. Steve had to decline going to my parent's house with me that afternoon, so I drove out to Athens alone. We had a good lunch and I enjoyed visiting with my family. However, I still wasn't feeling well and I fell asleep. I slept longer than I wanted to and had to drive home in a semi-daze. I was lucid enough not to cause an accident, but I felt like I had been drug behind the car all of the way home. I stayed home from evening service to work on some school stuff, and I also watched the Oscars for a while. I'd love to go to the Oscars if for no other reason than I would get to dress up. However, I'd probably wind up listening to my iPod during the actual ceremony because too much rear kissing makes me throw up in my mouth a little. However, I thought Ellen D. did a good job as the host.

Exciting, no?

No comments: