Thursday, February 01, 2007

I can't believe that it actually snowed! I was so excited, but then again, snow isn't that common around here. It's so beautiful, even when it isn't thick. It defines all of the hills and rises of the ground around you and makes the world look so different. If I could live on a beach where it occasionally snowed, I'd be in heaven!

Last night I had to go to the grocery store because I needed bread and orange juice. It was a nightmare. I almost didn't go, but I thought that maybe everyone would have sense enough not to freak out and buy up the supplies. I was wrong. All I wanted was some hoagie rolls, but almost everything was gone! I finally found them trapped underneath some other stuff, but only after I looked twice through the aisle. I also wanted some chocolate milk, and lucky for me that was about all that was left. I saw one lady with three (THREE) gallons of milk. What is wrong with these people? Even when it snows, we don't get locked down like some states do. We live in Ala-freakin-bama. The movie "Day After Tomorrow" would literally have to come true before we had weather bad enough to warrant the amount of supplies that people buy when the word "snow" is mentioned. Geez. Of course, this is me -the former grocery store cashier- complaining. I still have Vietnam-like flashbacks of food hoarders from back then.

This morning I did come to work late, but only because I have never driven Lois in bad weather and didn't know how she would handle. The roads were icy, but not too bad. Before I walked into the building, I built a tiny snowman on the retaining wall next to the security guard room. I got a picture of it, but I'll have to post it later when I can transfer images. : )

Well, I'm skipping school this morning to make up lost time at work, so I'd better get going!

No comments: