Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Where is Joseph when you need him?

I had my weird reoccurring dream again. I can't remember if I ever said anything about it (I probably did) but I've been having the same kind of dream over and over. It's not like a typical reoccurring dream where it's literally the same dream each time, but the same thing happens every time, just in a different setting. Who wants to tell me what it means?

I keep dreaming that I suddenly end up in a play. I'm on stage, or wherever the play is being performed, but I have no idea what to do because I haven't been to any rehersals. I usually just watch what someone else does and follow along, which works out fine, but I feel like I'm very obviously messing up. I never get booed or anything, in fact, I usually get a standing ovation or at least no one says anything to me about looking like I didn't know what I was doing. Only once have I been chased off of the stage, but that was by the director of the play and he was mad that I hadn't been rehersing with the cast rather than being angry because I wasn't doing the performance. When I'm on stage, I'm not scared or nervous, but frustrated because I'm a split second behind on whatever I'm doing because I have to watch to see what I'm supposed to do. Once the performance is over, I'm relieved, but more because I didn't screw up too badly than because the play is over.

I know that dreams mean something, even if it's not world shattering, but I wish I could figure this one out! It's beginning to get annoying.

No comments: