Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm sorry if you've been dropping by and have been bored with the same entries day after day. Normally I update my blog during slow time at work, but because our (expletive deleted) IT guy set a time limit on how long we can stay on certain sites, I don't ever have enough time to write what I want and still have enough time to publish it. I'd love to throw a dart at him.

Anyway...

There are two really good reasons why I should start having my eyebrows professionally waxed and stop doing it myself. Unfortunately they are both on my face. Oy. I know someone who will be investing in some eyebrow pencils very soon. Oh, and speaking of that, if you're talking to me and I look surprised...just ignore it.

Poor Butler had to go to the Vet yesterday and have some dental work done. He was only going in for a cleaning, but they found out that the tooth he broke was on the verge of being abscessed, so they had to pull it. To do so, they had to give him a general anaesthetic, so they had to shave a band around on of his legs to give him an IV. Now the neighbor dogs laugh at him. Very sad.
When Steve brought him home, he wondered around, looking dazed and staring at the wall. Occasionally he would stand by either Steve or I and just lean. Bless his little, furry heart. He walked into his kennel and I went to get him some cheese as a treat. After I'd given it to him, I walked out of the room again for a second to get something, and when I walked back in I said "Go to sleep, Butler" without looking at him. I didn't need to say anything because in that second and a half of being out of the room, he fell over and slept. :( He was actually really goofy until this afternoon, but he's acting more normal now.

I finished my research paper for Theater History. I wrote about - ahem - Visual Elements of Characters in Traditional Japanese Theater. Yeah, I know. It's actually thin enough to read through, but I hope it can pull off a B. I want to keep my honors status. Why? Because I'M GRADUATING SOON! WOO-HOO!

I faced a fear the other day and read, or listened to the audio novel of, The Exorcist. Believe it or not, it was actually a good book. Scary, but good. It didn't terrify me like the movie did, but I still got the heebs. Ed walked up behind me while I was listening to it and scared me. Luckily I had already put down the Exacto knife, or he would have needed a priest.

Steve and I went for a walk last Friday night and I realized something. I've realized that I will leave Steve behind if I feel we are in danger. I don't have to run fast, I just have to run faster than Steve! : ) We were at the elementary school where he had gone as a kid and he wanted to see if an old tree was still there. The original school was destroyed in the tornado of 89, so I suppose that's why he wanted to stop. It was dark, I wasn't wearing my hated glasses, and as we walked up to the tree, I saw a man crouching in the shadows. So I did what anyone would do, I pushed my husband out in front of me and ran. Boy, was my face red when I was told that the weird man in the shadows was actually a tall stump. Ha ha...ha...um.

Well, that's all for now. It seems like there was something else I was going to say, but I can't remember it!

No comments: